[BHS Etree] SENIORS: Essay Reading Update AND THANK YOU to the Readers

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Dec 3 18:26:17 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby
janethuseby at berkeley.net

For the month of December, Essay Readers will be in the College Center
Monday mornings from 8 to 10, and every lunch hour Monday-Friday.  Please
note, there will be no essay readers before school (except Monday) and no
readers after school.

We had an excellent team of  essay readers this year working with our
seniors as they crafted their personal statements for the University of
California and the Common App.  The UC deadline was last Friday. In
December, many students are working on supplements for private school
applications, often by  reshaping their UC essays. Our readers, all versed
in the intricacies of college essays, have provided good advice and
editorial input morning, noon, and night for the past 14 weeks.  The parents
of seniors will be interested to know the following:  Every  year, we essay
readers talk among ourselves for support, suggestions, feedback, etc. This
year, every reader I spoke to agreed, the seniors are focused, writing
exceptional essays, and using the school's resources--including our essay
readers--to a degree we have not seen in a long time.  The Class of 2013 is
a great class!

We are grateful for our readers who are listed below:

Linda Artel, Mike Bolgatz, Kathy Brown, Carla Castillo, Steve Cohen, Vicky
Elliott, Janet Huseby,  Brenda Kahn, Jamie Keller,  Mollie McNeil, Elaine
Ratner, Hilary Roberts, Sara Sanderson, Ellen Singer-Vine, Marianne Smith,
Tami Uecker, and Gail Weiner.

Janet Huseby

Outreach and Volunteers

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'