[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Holiday Meal - Donations Needed

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Dec 2 22:18:05 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio,
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Hello Berkeley Community,

Thank you for your support! Thus far, we have collected almost $1000 and
over 500 pounds of food. This is a good start on reaching our goal of 10,000
pounds before December 14. Currently we have about 5 turkeys and 5 hams that
have been pledged by gracious donors, but we will need more. Any
contribution you can make will help guarantee that we have enough food for
all. And don't worry about leftovers, we are working with a local agency to
make sure that the leftover food gets utilized. Also, at this time, we are
not taking anymore volunteers as we have exceeded 150 people committed to
the event. Thank you again for all of your time and energy.

HOLIDAY MEAL INFO

The annual Holiday Meal will take place on Saturday, December 15.  This
special event features over 100 BHS students serving a warming meal,
offering clothing, books, shoes, toys, blankets and providing entertainment
for some 300-500 homeless or low-income people and families in the Berkeley
community.

DONATION INFORMATION

We are seeking fresh food or monetary donations to help us put on this
special event.

What we are most in need of is pre-cooked hams or turkeys, potato or
yam-based dishes, green salads or vegetable dishes, and canned/packaged
foods such as tuna, soups or pastas.

Monetary donations are also a huge help, and will help us buy basics such as
butter, sugar, flour, foil and other food to round out our meal.  They will
also help us cover decorations and entertainment to make this not only a
belly filling but heartwarming experience for those that attend.

Fresh food donations can be delivered between 4:30pm-7pm on Friday, December
14 or 8am-12pm of Saturday, December 15 to the main doors of the school at
Milvia and Allston.  Please indicate what time you would like deliver your
donation.

Monetary donations are accepted as cash in the Leadership Office (make sure
it gets to Mr. Young) or as checks written to "BHS Student Activities" with
"Holiday Meal" in the memo line.  These donations are tax deductible and a
letter of receipt with the school tax ID number will be given upon request.
They can be mailed to:

Berkeley High School

ATTN: John Villavicencio

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA  94704

Thank you,

The BHS Student Leadership Team

ONE BIG SCHOOL, FULL OF GREAT LEADERS!!!

John Villavicencio

Director of Student Activities

Berkeley High School

(650) 784-9579

johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'