[BHS Etree] BUSD: School Board Video Updates - Nov. 28, 2012

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Nov 29 22:58:29 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan,
markcoplan at berkeley.net

BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES

BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and other Board
activities

Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website and
all Berkeley public libraries

Public Information Office  <tel:%28510%29%20644-6320> (510) 644-6320

BUSD Web Site:  <http://www.berkeley.net/> www.berkeley.net

At the board meeting on November 28, 2012 the Board discussed the following
items:

View photos of Board Meetings at  <http://flickr.com/> flickr.com:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157632136263162/>
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157632136263162/

Closed Session

The Board announced the appointment of Natasha Beery as Director of BSEP and
Community Relations.

See BSEP Appointment:  <https://vimeo.com/54579753>
https://vimeo.com/54579753

See Closed Session:  <https://vimeo.com/54576857> https://vimeo.com/54576857

Approval of Agenda

The Board approved the agenda, pulling Consent Item 3.1-C Approval of MOU
with NCLB Supplemental Service Providers for discussion.

All Consent Items, including 3.1-A were approved.

See Approval of Agenda:  <https://vimeo.com/54576858>
https://vimeo.com/54576858

See Consent Approval and 3.1-C:  <https://vimeo.com/54579750>
https://vimeo.com/54579750

Board Recognition - Board President John T. Selawsky

The Board recognized John Selawsky, BUSD Board President, for his service to
Berkeley Unified School District as a member of BUSD School Board (2000 -
2012).

See Recognition:  <https://vimeo.com/54576860> https://vimeo.com/54576860

Public Comments

See Public Comments:  <https://vimeo.com/54576861>
https://vimeo.com/54576861

Union Comments - No Union Comments

Board and Superintendents Comments

See Comments:  <https://vimeo.com/54576862> https://vimeo.com/54576862

Action Items

3.1-A Task Force for District-wide Gardening and Cooking Program

The Board voted to approve the formation of a Superintendent's Task Force to
strengthen the gardening and cooking program in our schools. **

See 3.1-A:  <https://vimeo.com/54579752> https://vimeo.com/54579752

Open Public Hearing - Item 4.1-A - No Comments

4.1-A Approval of Public Disclosure of Collective Bargaining Agreement
Documents for Local 21

This item was approved.

** See Public Hearing and Item 4.1-A:  <https://vimeo.com/54585084>
https://vimeo.com/54585084

Information Items

3.1-I Report on Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives for English
Learners

** See 3.1-I:  <https://vimeo.com/54579755> https://vimeo.com/54579755

3.2-I Report on Ethnic Makeup of School Governance Councils

** See 3.2-I:  <https://vimeo.com/54581905> https://vimeo.com/54581905

3.3-I Presentation on Common Core State Standards

** See 3.3-I:  <https://vimeo.com/54581906> https://vimeo.com/54581906

3.4-I Presentation on Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Prevention and
Intervention

Strategies

** See 3.4-I:  <https://vimeo.com/54581903> https://vimeo.com/54581903

** Complete information about these items  is available for review in the
November 28, 2012 Board packet, located in the Board Meeting section of the
BUSD website:
<http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/11-28-12_packet.p
df>
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/11-28-12_packet.pd

Schedule of Upcoming Board of Education Meetings

December 12 Organizational Meeting

(2013 calendar will be approved at this meeting.)

All Board meetings are broadcast live on Berkeley Community Media Cable
Channel 33 re-broadcast on channel 33 the following Thursday morning at 9 AM
and the following Sunday at 2 PM.

--
Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'