[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Nov. 30 (Fri.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Nov 29 19:23:35 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by the BHS front desk. No additional information or details
are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

Friday, November 30, 2012

*New to the bulletin today

ADMINISTRATION

1. Hello Berkeley High!  Did you know that 1 in 6 people in Alameda County
use the food bank and that 42% of those people are children?  BHS Leadership
is getting ready to put on this year's Annual Holiday Meal on December 15th
and they need your help.  On Thursday, November 15th a canned food drive
will begin and will continue until December 14th.  You can drop off your
items in the C Building gallery, the 1st floor of G/H building or the front
office.  We are trying to reach a school wide goal of 10,000 items, so bring
at least three items per student!  We thank you. Leadership.

*2. BSEP Meeting - Monday, December 3, 2012 at 4:30 -6 pm in Conference Room
B.  All members please be present.

3. Worldwide, more than 6,000 young people between the ages of 15 and 24
become infected with HIV every day.  That number can be greatly reduced if
young people organize, educate themselves and their communities. Berkeley
High School will be commemorating World AIDS Day on Friday, November 30th in
the Gallery of the Community Theatre during periods 4-6.  There will be
educational games and prizes, diverse community organizations, and
opportunities to learn about and reflect on the global impact of HIV/AIDS.
If you are sexually active, it is important to get tested regularly for HIV
and STIs.  The Berkeley High Health Center offers free and confidential HIV
and STI testing.  Stop by the Health Center in H105 to make an appointment!

4. The yearbook is on sale now for $70. On December 21st it will go up to
$85.  Buy now after school on the Senior Steps or at
www.yearbookordercenter.com <http://www.yearbookordercenter.com/> .  The
yearbook will sell out.  This is the cheapest it will ever be!

CLUBS

1. Do you want to be more active in the community or just need something to
do in your spare time?  Then join the Do Something club!  We will be having
our first meeting on Friday, November 30th during lunch in room G205!  Light
snacks will be provided.

*2. This is Coopers Troopers. We meet on Tuesday at lunch in H110.  Coopers
Troopers talk about Ability Awareness.  Please meet with us .

*3. The BSU will be hosting a Kwanzaa dinner on December 21st during 4th
period.  If you would like to bring food, there will be sign up sheets in
Mr. Omwamba's room, Ms. Mitchell's room and Mama Washington's dance room.
If you would like to come but can't bring food, you will have to pay $2 for
food.

LEADERSHIP

Please help those people affected by the hurricane in New York and New
Jersey areas.  Bring warm clothing, batteries, blankets and candles to the
bins outside of the leadership office.  All week we will collect these items
to be sent over to the communities in need.  Thank you Berkeley for your
support.

SENIORS

The Nov. 30 deadline for UC and CSU applications is approaching fast!  We
encourage all students to avoid waiting until the final hours to submit your
applications.  The College and Career center remains available for students
to drop in for support with applications, and we continue to encourage
students to attend our Tues/Thur application workshops in the library
computer lab at 3:30 pm.

SPORTS

Boys Tennis players - There is a meeting for 9th graders and newcomers,
Wednesday, December 5th at lunch in G208.  Again, this is for 9th graders
and newcomers only!  You must attend this meeting if you wish to play tennis
for BHS this year.

OTHER

Do you have what it takes to save a life?  King Swim Center is offering its
annual American Red Cross Lifeguard training course afterschool and on
weekends this December.  Sign-up and mandatory swimming test is this
Saturday, December 1 at 1:30 pm.  See our website for more information:
http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/contentdisplay.aspx?id=5672.

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'