[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Sending Your Athlete to College - Berkeley Athletic Fund Panel Discussion, Tuesday, Nov. 13

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Nov 7 20:42:37 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Richard Boyden,
rboyden87 at gmail.com

SENDING YOUR ATHLETE TO COLLEGE, a panel discussion Tuesday, November 13 at
7:30 pm in the BHS Library.

Enter through the main door on Allston Way.

Skyler Barton, College Career Counselor, Richard Ng, Assistant Athletic
Director, Lisa Young, Head Coach, Girls' Volleyball, and two knowledgeable
parents, will speak and answer questions, such as:

.         What should parents be looking for/doing in the junior year?

.         How can my child find a school with the right balance of sports
and academics for him/her?

.         What is the role of our high school coach?

.         What do I need to know about how college recruiters work?

.         How do NCAA rules affect us?

.         What if my son or daughter is trying to get an athletic
scholarship?

Skyler and Richard are teaming up this year to create a focused, consistent
approach to academic success for our student athletes. This includes
tracking, monitoring and matching resources to struggling students, tracking
college recruitment, and similar activities to maximize assistance to our
kids.

We urge all parents and coaches who want to know more to come to this event.

There will be a BAF Board meeting from 6:30-7:30 p.m.,  All are welcome.

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'