[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Exit Exam proctors, Third Call/New Pitch

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Nov 3 17:46:22 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby janethuseby at berkeley.net

Next week, Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 6 and 7, BHS  juniors and seniors who need to pass one or more sections of the California High School Exit Exam in order to graduate will be taking the test. We are looking for parent volunteers who can help register students, monitor, hand out passes, collect and sort books.  We need one more volunteer for each section below and two more for Tuesday afternoon.

Tuesday is Election Day.  It is a day of great worry — no matter where you are on the political spectrum — what better way to spend it than helping the next generation of American voters move forward in their educational journey? That's the pitch for Tuesday.

Wednesday?  My goodness, you are either going to be celebrating or in the doldrums.  What better way to spend the day than helping the next generation of American voters move forward in their educational journey?
We need volunteers!

2 each day from 8:15 to 9:30 am to help check in.
2 each day from 9:30 to 11:40 am to help monitor the test, collect and sort.
2 Tuesday only 12:18 to 1:15 pm to sort.
We do not need collectors and sorters after lunch on Wednesday as most students will finish the math test by noon.  If you can help during one of the slots, please let me know.  We want the test to be calm and orderly and having extra support makes a difference. Janet

Janet Huseby
Outreach and Volunteers
Berkeley High School
Jhuseby at pacbell.net

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/