[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Oct. 29 (Mon.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Oct 28 22:18:50 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

*New to the bulletin today

Monday, October 29, 2012

SENIORS
1. Seniors drop Senior Polls off in D221 at lunchtime!

2. Hey seniors! Pick up a memory of your last year at Berkeley High. Only $3 for a senior spell out photo now on sale in the leadership office. All funds go to the senior prom.

CLUBS

1. Last chance to audition for the High School Musical -- October 29, 30. Sign up outside of A105, all are welcome.  No experience necessary!  Boys we encourage you to come out.

*2. Join the Dance Technique Club! This club is for people who are interested in improving, practicing or learning classic ballet technique. We will begin meetings November 1st and each following Tuesday after school in the Afro-Hatian studio at 3:40 pm until 4:10 pm. .  If anyone is interested in contacting me I can be reached on my email, ilanashare at yahoo.com, or my cell phone, (510)-809-5726.

*3. Do you like acting, directing, dancing, singing, drawing, photographing or anything arts related?  As arts-funding continues to disappear, the time is now to stand up and protect our arts!  Come to the claim conference at the Berkeley Rep School of Theatre, November 4, from 12 noon to 4pm for an afternoon full of advocating, and protecting arts programming!  RSVP to teencouncil at berkeleyrep.org today!

*4, Are you stressed out? Feeling tired? Or do you simply want to learn a healthy way to calm the mind?  Then come to meditation workshops at the YMCA Teen Center!  Meditation is a powerful, scientifically proven way to improve concentration and relieve stress.  Every Thursday at lunch is a 20 minute meditation, by teens for teens.  All levels of experience are welcome.  Please come to C308 for details.

SPORTS

*1. Concussion Training - Monday October 29 8:00 - 9:00 pm Small Theater

2. Come to Women’s Lacrosse fall ball!  Conditioning is Wednesdays on the track from 3:45 – 5 pm and stick is 4 - 5:15 pm.  On Thursdays at Ohlone Park.  No experience is required!  Come out.  Stick practices will also take place on Tuesdays.
3. Attention all boys interested in trying out for Soccer this year.  Tryouts will be held Monday through Friday, November 5-9 at a location to be determined.  In order to try out you must complete an Athletic Packet.  Be sure to register at www.futbolberkeley.com.

4. If you are interested in playing Men's Lacrosse, come join the conditioning and stick skill sessions currently underway at Berkeley High School.  Conditioning -- Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:15-6:00 pm and Fridays at 5:15-6:00 pm. Stick Skills -- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 4-5 pm.  Both are held at the Berkeley High Field. Everyone is welcome.

*5. We are in the beginning stages of our campaign to win the 2012 Under Armour High School Challenge. Please become a supporter by clicking on the link below and selecting "Sign In to Become A Supporter". Leadership students and Fall Athletes are currently creating videos, photos, and other artistic expressions to show that their school pride is undeniable. Please support our efforts to win the grand prize of uniforms and equipment for all sports. Thank you

http://findingundeniable.com/school/berkeley-high-school
*you may have to have sign in to facebook "to support"
http://findingundeniable.com/school/berkeley-high-school/become_a_supporter

COLLEGE VISITS

Monday, October 29

9:57 am  Occidental College (CA

10:46 am  University College Cork (Ireland)

1:09 pm   Goucher College (MD)

Tuesday, October 30

8:27 am Connecticut College (CT)

10:40 am  UC Santa Barbara (CA)

1:09 pm  Northwestern University (IL)

Wednesday, October 31

12:24 pm  Oberlin College (OH)

Thursday, Nov. 1

12:24 pm   University of Colorado at Boulder (CO)

JOBS

1. The City of Berkeley's YouthWorks Employment Program in the Department of Health, Housing & Community Services, is pleased to announce that the application period for the Winter After School Youth Employment Program begins on Oct 1st and continues until Nov 1st.

Qualified Youth (14-25 years old & Berkeley residents ) are eligible to apply for jobs in a variety of sectors, including childcare, recreation & clerical positions within city departments and various community organizations.  The pay is $8.00/hr, and Youth may work up to 15 hrs/week for a period of up to 7 weeks.  The tentative employment start date is December 10th, 2012.

To apply: Youth need to come in person to the YouthWorks office at 2180 Milvia St. (City Hall) starting Oct 1st, to sign in and pick up an application packet.  The completed application must be turned in with required original documents including Photo ID, Social Security Card, Proof of Residence, a typed or word-processed resume, and Parental Authorization for youth under the age of 18.  The deadline for returning the application & required documents is Thursday, Nov 1st, 2012.

For further information regarding the Winter After School Employment Program, please contact YouthWorks at (510) 981-4970 or email youthworks at cityofberkeley.info.

*New to the bulletin today

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/