[BHS Etree] BUSD: Board Video Updates Oct 24, 2012

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Oct 26 16:03:59 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
markcoplan at berkeley.net

BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and other Board
activities

Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website and
all Berkeley public libraries

Public Information Office (510) 644-6320

BUSD Web Site: www.berkeley.net <http://www.berkeley.net/>

At the board meeting on October 24, 2012 the Board discussed the following
items:

View photos of Board Meetings at Flickr.com:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157631860195285/

Report on Closed Session:

See Closed Session Report & Approval of Agenda: https://vimeo.com/52190122

Approval of Agenda:

The Board approved the agenda, pulling Consent Item 5.4-C Approval to Modify
Measure I Committee Bylaws for discussion.

All Consent Items were approved.

Board Recognition:

The Board recognized Rosa Parks Elementary School and King Middle School for
meeting all NCLB student performance targets for two years and exiting
Program Improvement Status. See Recognition: https://vimeo.com/52190123

Public Comment:

See Public Comments: https://vimeo.com/52208912

Union Comments:

See Union Comments: https://vimeo.com/52208913

Board & Superintendents Comments:

See Board & Superintendents Comments: https://vimeo.com/52208915

Consent Calendar:

See Approval of Consent Calendar:  https://vimeo.com/52208916

Action Items:

4.1-A Temporary Borrowing from the Reserve Fund

Due to the timing of cash receipts from the State of California, the
District has historically had temporary negative cash balances in its
Cafeteria, Child Development and other Funds until state, federal or local
funds are received.

The Board approved this Item. ** See Item 4.1-A: https://vimeo.com/52208917

5.1-A Approval of Facilities Financial Plan Update

The Board approved this Item. ** See Item 5.1-A: https://vimeo.com/52210099

Information Items:

3.1-I Report on Adequate Yearly Progress and

Academic Performance Index

** See presentation PDF :
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/11-12-APR-Overview
-Board-Mtg.-10.24.pdf

See 3.1-I: https://vimeo.com/52210096

3.2-I Update on Consolidation of Two Way mmersion Program at LeConte

The Board received an update on consolidation of theTwo Way Immersion
Program at LeConte. **

See 3.2-I: https://vimeo.com/52210098

3.3-I Class Size Report

The Board accepted the Class Size report without a presentation. **

5.1-I Facilities Plan Update

The Board received the Facilities Plan Update without a presentation. **

** Complete information about these items  is available for review in the
October 24, 2012 Board packet, located on the Board Meeting section of the
BUSD

website:
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/10-24-12_packet.pd

Schedule of Upcoming Board of Education Meetings

November 14, 2012

November 28, 2012

December 12, 2012 - Organizational Meeting

All Board meetings are broadcast live on Berkeley Community Media Cable
Channel 33 re-broadcasted the following Thursday morning at 9 AM and
following Sunday at 2 PM.

--

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'