[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Berkeley High Mayoral Forum & Mock Election Voting

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Oct 23 17:21:39 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Hello Parents, Students and BHS Community Members,

Leadership is excited to offer a few amazing programs covering the upcoming
city, state and federal elections. We would like for students to join us and
participate in the school events. Parents, we would love to see you at the
mayoral candidate forum. Please read below for more details:

MEET THE CANDIDATES FOR MAYOR OF BERKELEY

Monday Oct 29 7 - 8PM @ Berkeley High School Library

The Diverse Political Views Club would like to formally invite you to a
student moderated mayoral forum. The forum will feature  all mayoral
candidates and the current mayor of Berkeley. We encourage you and your
family's participation. The event will be held from 7:00 to 8:00 pm on
October 29th in the BHS library. The forum will feature a brief opening
statement from each candidate as well as student generated questions. Each
candidate for mayor will also express his or her opinion on what the most
pressing issues for Berkeley are. Come! Get involved in making educated
decisions on who you would like to see govern future Berkeley!

BHS MOCK ELECTION VOTING

Wed. Oct 31 - Thurs. Nov. 1

Teachers may sign up their class to receive an election packet. In this
election packet there will be a class set of ballots, 1-2 voter guides, a
class set of "I Voted" stickers, and promo posters.

Results will be announced during the election day of Tuesday, Nov. 6.

2012 ELECTION ASSEMBLY

Tentatively scheduled for Tues. Oct. 30 2nd period or 3rd period

We will be offering a student moderated debate featuring footage from the
2012 presidential debates. Students from the Speech & Debate Club will be
making arguments in favor and against the issues of our country as described
by each of the candidates. This will allow students to make more informed
decisions when voting.

Happy Voting Season!

ONE BIG SCHOOL, FULL OF GREAT LEADERS!!!

John Villavicencio

Director of Student Activities

Berkeley High School

(650) 784-9579

johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'