[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEER: Sign up now for last training to be a Writer Coach

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Oct 17 21:02:11 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sahib-Amar Khalsa,
sakk at mindspring.com

It's not too late to become a Writer Coach at Berkeley High!  Because of our
success in helping BHS students become stronger writers, we need even more
writer coaches this year as our program has doubled in size. The time
commitment is only 1-2 hours, usually twice per month, during school hours.

You do not have to be a writer to be a writer coach - WriterCoach Connection
(WCC) provides hands-on training to give you all you'll need to be an
effective coach. Community members of all backgrounds, ethnicities and walks
of life are welcomed. Our last training sessions offered for 2012 begin next
week: www.writercoachconnection.org (click on "Volunteer") to register.

WriterCoach Connection is a rewarding experience working with students
one-on-one during class time on their writing assignments. For over 10 years
at Berkeley High, volunteer writer coaches have been helping students
strengthen their writing and thinking skills by giving them constructive
feedback and building their confidence as writers. Become a part of this
program to make a difference for students at Berkeley High.

To register for training and for more information, go to
www.writercoachconnection.org (click on "Volunteer").

Sahib-Amar Khalsa

BHS Site Coordinator - WriterCoach Connection

510-237-6963

sakk at mindspring.com

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'