[BHS Etree] INCOMING FAMILIES: Fall Information Night and Tour Season for 8th grade families

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Oct 16 07:35:54 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Fern Royce,
bhsoutreach at berkeley.net

A reminder for 8th grade families: Berkeley High School Information Night
for incoming 9th grade families is scheduled for Wednesday, November 7th, in
the Berkeley Community Theater located on the BHS campus. The event will
start promptly at 7 p.m. While we welcome everyone, the evening will be of
particular interest to those who are new to the Berkeley Unified School
District.  This event is an introduction to the school and in the past has
featured a panel of current students, one of the College Advisors, and a Q
and A with the Principal.

Berkeley High School "Touring Season" for prospective students runs from
October to March. The small group tours leave the Front Desk at 9:30 a.m.
Tuesday through Friday and 10:45 a.m. on Mondays. The tours last a little
over an hour.  The tours walk by classrooms--many of which have open
doors--but they do not go into rooms for observation.  Prospective students
are welcome on the school day tours but ONLY if accompanied by their parent
or guardian. Tours are by reservation only. To sign up, please email Fern
Royce at bhsoutreach at berkeley.net. Please indicate several days that work
for you and the number of people in your party.

Many people have asked if they could visit Berkeley High on their own or if
their student could "shadow" a current student. This is not possible. The
school is focused on the education and security of our currently enrolled
students. We are simply too large a school to accommodate unsupervised
visitors.

Janet Huseby and Fern Royce

Volunteer and Outreach Coordinators

Berkeley High School

bhsoutreach at berkeley.net

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'