[BHS Etree] BUSD: Administrative Offices Open House, Oct. 17 (Wed.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Oct 4 19:32:40 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
markcoplan at berkeley.net

Mark your calendars for the BUSD 2020 Bonar St Administrative Offices Open
House Wednesday Oct 17th, from 4 to 6 p.m.

Inline image 1

The Berkeley Unified School District renovated the classroom building on
Bonar Street at the West Campus site to house the Central Office
Administration, and we're in the final stages of moving in. Three floors of
office space have made it possible for us to move all of our employees from
the Old City Hall at 2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way (and the Annex), and
many of our staff from our Oregon Street facility.

Aside from the fact that we have moved in to a beautiful modern facility and
centralizing more of our operation, one of our highest priorities was to
move staff from seismically unsafe buildings into one that is as safe as our
schools. We feel very good about that.

To celebrate we want to invite the community join us for a brief ribbon
cutting and tours of the building October 17th, the anniversary of the Loma
Prieta earthquake.

The celebration and ribbon cutting will take place from 4 to 4:30 p.m.,
followed by tours of the building conducted by building staff. Tours will
take place every 10 minutes, so if you can't make the ribbon cutting, drop
by any time up to 6 p.m. for a tour. When you get to the third floor, check
out one of the best views in the Bay Area.

While you're there, check out displays of other construction projects
currently underway in the Berkeley schools and on the drawing board.

Parking is provided for staff and visitors in a re-surfaced lot near the old
Boys Gym around the corner on Browning Street.

  <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif>

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320