[BHS Etree] ADMIN: SPIRIT WEEK is coming!

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 1 20:01:22 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby
janethuseby at berkeley.net

Spirit Week is set: Monday, Oct. 15 through Friday, Oct. 19. Count on a lot
of fun!  Each day features a dress up theme and noon day activities.  The
culmination is Red and Gold Day with its wildly exciting stand out Spirit
Rally held this year in our New Jacket Stadium at the end of the school day
on Friday the 19th.  The Rally is LOUD, boisterous and fun!  It  features a
grade by grade dance competition, introduction of the Fall Athletic teams
and our Red and Gold cheerleading squad..... followed by the Homecoming
Football game against San Leandro at 7 p.m.

We need 75 plus parents  at the Spirit Rally (arriving at BHS Friday Oct. 19
between 1 and 1:30 pm; staying until 3:30 pm) to usher this amazing Red and
Gold event. If you can help, please let Janet Huseby know at
janethuseby at berkeley.net.

Themes:

.           MONDAY - Pajama Day hosted by the Freshmen

.           TUESDAY - Superhero & Villain Day hosted by the Sophomores

.           WEDNESDAY - FARM Day (a mix of farmers and country day) hosted
by the Juniors

.           THURSDAY - Seniors wear 80's/90's and Everyone else Nerd Day
hosted by the Seniors

.           FRIDAY - RED & GOLD Day (Senior Spell out at 7am)

Contests:

Attendance Cup--the class with the best attendance Oct. 9-18 wins!

Service Cup--the class that donates the most canned food, shoes, books,
jackets, blankets or toys Oct. 9-18 wins!

Dance Cup--the class with the best dance at the rally wins!

Spirit Champion Cup--the class with the most overall points in all three
categories together is the BHS Spirit Champion and raises the cup at the
rally!

Janet Huseby and Fern Royce

Outreach and Volunteers

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'