[BHS Etree] ADMIN (CORRECTION): SSC Name left off, BSEP Election Extended

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 1 19:42:09 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby
janethuseby at berkeley.net

It has come to our attention that one of the candidates running for School
Site Council, Satish Rao, was inadvertently left off the Etree postings and
the website candidate statements.  Satish Rao was included on the official
ballot, represented at the Thursday night meeting, and in the candidate
statement handouts.  Below is his statement. As a result of this mistake,
voting has been extended until Wednesday afternoon Oct. 3 at 4 p.m.

SSC CANDIDATE Satish Rao, incumbent candidate AC

Hello. I am a parent of a tenth grader and of students from the class of
2011 and 2010. I have served for the past two years on the SSC and studied
the education literature and have brought that perspective to the meetings.
I think it is valuable even if not always in perfect harmony with everyone's
various perspectives. I teach at UC Berkeley in the computer science
department. Indeed, I am having a blast even with 270 students; my office
hours, lectures, and interaction on the help forums are really rewarding! I
value teaching and learning...and think I have good input for the SSC.

Repeat Information

Last day for voting is Wednesday Oct. 3 for  BSEP and SSC parent
representatives.  Ballots and the  ballot box are located at the BHS Front
Desk (Admin building corner of Allston Way and Milvia).  Candidate
statements may be found at at:
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/bsep-and-ssc-elections/

Only parents and guardians of BHS students may vote. Voting is over at 4
p.m.. If you do not have a ballot, you may write out the names of your
choices on a plain piece of paper. All ballots must be inserted in an
envelope with parent/guardian's name and student's name written on the
front. Any one can drop the sealed envelope off at the front desk.

Running for BSEP (vote for five):

Williams Henriquez

Catherine Lazio

Hector Cardenos

Michael Peltz

Seth Chazin

Jeremy Thorner

John Lavine

Laura Babbit

Carol Brownstein

School Site Council (vote for four):

Rita Himes (BIHS)

Diana Kuderna (CAS)

Michelle Russell Nakayama (CAS)

Lande Ehnle (AHA)

Margit Roos-Collins (AC)

Satish Rao (AC)

BSEP stands for Berkeley School Excellence Project.  BSEP is a city-wide
parcel tax responsible for approximately 20% of the district's budget.  In
addition to district spending, Berkeley High receives approximately $750,000
annually to be spent by a committee of parents, staff, and students.  SSC
stands for School Site Council.  It is a state-mandated committee of
parents, students, and staff that sets school policy.

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'