[BHS Etree] ADMIN: BSEP SSG BALLOTS accepted until Monday at 4 p.m.

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Sep 28 09:20:41 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby,
<mailto:janethuseby at berkeley.net> janethuseby at berkeley.net

If you missed Thursday night's parent meeting, it is still possible to vote
for BSEP and SSG parent representatives.  Ballots and the  ballot box are
located at the BHS Front Desk (Admin building corner of Allston Way and
Milvia). Candidate statements may be found at at:
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/bsep-and-ssc-elections/  (with one exception,
Diane Kuderna. Diane's statement may be found at the bottom of this
message.)

Ballots must be inserted in an envelope with parent/guardian's name and
student's name written on the front.

Running for BSEP (vote for five):

Williams Henriquez

Catherine Lazio

Hector Cardenos

Michael Peltz

Seth Chazin

Jeremy Thorner

John Lavino

Laura Babit

Carol Brownstein

School Site Council (vote for four):

Rita Himes (BIHS)

Diana Kuderna

Michelle Russell Nakayama (CAS)

Lande Ehnle (AHA)

Margit Roos-Collins (AC)

Diana Kuderna candidate statement:

I am excited to be a returning BHS parent this year with a 10th grader in
CAS.   I have served on BSEP & SSC committees for many years for Leconte
Elem. & Longfellow MS, where I was also privileged to be a writer coach.  I
was elected to the SSC last year and I would like to make myself a candidate
again this year.   I also wish to continue to represent BHS on the BSEP
Planning & Oversight committee (BSEP P & O), an important district-wide
funding and policy body that is advisory to the school board.   As a past
SSC member & BSEP P & O rep, my focus has been class-size reduction,
maintaining library services and also visual & performing arts programs,
after-school tutoring support, and counselling services.  We need to further
strengthen math, science, & language programs.   I am  quite willing to also
serve as SSC liaison to BHS BSEP.

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'