[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Sept. 14 (Fri.)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 13 22:17:17 PDT 2012
PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
*New to the bulletin today
Friday, September 14, 2012
*1. Back to School Night is Thursday, September 20th.
2. Teachers, remember to take your attendance ten minutes after the class has begun. Please also remember to take attendance for your proctors.
3. Summer PE waivers are due September 14. No exceptions! Please return them to the attendance office.
4. Attention students: If you’re on the waiting list for a locker, please come to school with a lock. Locker assignments from the waiting list will begin this week, but you won’t receive an assignment if you don’t have a lock with you.
5. Are you taking the SAT or ACT this fall? If so, take advantage of an ACT/SAT practice test this Saturday at BHS! The test is hosted by Princeton Review, and this is an affordable opportunity for all students! Come sign up today in the College/Career center. Priority will be given to seniors. The test cost $20. Free and reduced lunch students should see College Advisors.
6. Red Cross Blood Drive is Wednesday, September 19th. Please sign up on the Senior steps. Donations of all types are greatly needed. Must be at least 16 years old. Help save a life!!
7. JAMRS opt out forms and Military Waivers are available in the front office and should be returned by September 26th. JAMRS or Joint Advertising and Market Research Studies is a database funded by the Department of Defense and used for Military recruiting purposes. If you do not want your personal information sold to the Military fill out a JAMRS opt out form. If you are a junior or a senior and do not want Berkeley High School to give contact information to the military as required by law please out a Military Waiver. Remember both forms are due September 26th.
8. Orientation for FALL PE Waivers is Friday, September 14th, in the Little Theater at 3:45 pm. All participants must attend. The YMCA staff will also be present!
9. Start your year off right. Get your BHS Organizers for sale at the front office. $4 each. All BHS artwork inside, school information like absence procedures, sports tryouts, college testing dates, holidays, and more, along with interesting teacher and alumni facts.
10. PE clothes will be sold before school, afterschool and during lunch at the Jacket Gym locker rooms. Tee-shirts and shorts $10 each, sweatpants are $15.
*1. Homecoming week is October 15-19th! Homecoming is Friday, October 19th.
1. Seniors drop Senior Polls off in D221 at lunchtime!
2. Attention Seniors, if you are interested in attending Grad night you must pick-up an itinerary from either Willie Scott or Brandi Johnson. If you are unaware of who these two people are, they will also be available in the Leadership Office. Also, the first payment of $100 is due on September 14th, 2012.
Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'subscribe'
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS