[BHS Etree] ADMIN: From Principal Scuderi, BHS on Twitter

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Sep 2 19:11:52 PDT 2012

@BHSinfo

Dear BHS Families and Students:

A new school year is now in full swing and an area we are always
trying to improve and expand is communication with students and
families.

In addition to periodic emails home, this year we will continue to
expand our communications via Twitter. The micro-blogging platform
will not in any way replace the BHS e-tree, but we will use it to
provide very brief reminders of important dates, schedule changes,
upcoming events, school policies, other developments, and bits and
bites of general BHS news.

We will also use the platform to share links to perspectives and
research that are being looked at and utilized by the administrative
team and teacher leadership team throughout the year.

Another reason we want to continue to expand the number of parents and
students connected to BHS in this way is that we believe that the
platform provides another potential communications option should an
emergency, crisis, or other urgent situation require BHS
administrators to connect with our parent and student communities via
mobile devices.

We hope that both parents and students will connect, and, as we are
committed to using the platform for news and information rather than
social networking, we will not follow back accounts that follow us.

You can log on to Twitter and follow us at @BHSinfo using a mobile
phone, tablet, or computer.

If you are not a current Twitter user you can also follow our feed
directly from the Berkeley High School website (click the orange icon
near the top right of the screen) at
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

Enjoy the weekend.

Pasquale Scuderi
Principal
Berkeley High School

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/