[BHS Etree] ADMIN: School Notes

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Aug 28 13:26:12 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby janethuseby at berkeley.net

1. Ruby Taylor, our always welcoming school receptionist, has moved on.  She will be working with the BUSD Transportation Department.  Arhonda Caldwell is our temporary replacement.  Richard Ng, the principal's assistant, will be leaving at the end of next week.  Richard will working with the BHS Atlhletic Department. His replacement has not yet been selected.

2. We welcome nine new teachers and two temporary counseling substitutes.  Heather Golden will be covering for Zohra Richardson in BIHS and Madeleine Scott – a veteran BHS counselor – will be in AC covering for Brenda Kitawaga. Ms Richardson and Ms Kitagawa are both out on maternity leave.

3. If you have not yet noticed, the Old Gym is gone! Construction on a replacement is scheduled to begin soon.  Meanwhile students with classes in the portables will make their way from the main campus along a path next to the new Athletic Building and not the Milvia sidewalk.

4. Please go over the school's cell phone policy with your students.  Cell phones are allowed before school, at lunch and after school.  They must be put away at all other times including during passing period.

5. We will have a complete set of fresh schedules available  in the Food Court tomorrow morning, Wednesday, August 29,  from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.  Please note, there will be no zero period the first day of school.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.