[BHS Etree] BUSD: Berkeley Board of Education Extends Superintendent Search

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Jun 2 23:45:59 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan,
markcoplan at berkeley.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - JUNE 1, 2012

Berkeley Board of Education Extends Superintendent Search

Berkeley, California - June 1, 2012 - The Berkeley Board of Education voted
Thursday, May 31, 2012 in a Special Board Meeting to initiate a new search
for the Superintendent of Schools position. After a thorough process to find
a replacement for retiring Superintendent William Huyett, the Board
determined that a broader search was needed to find the candidate that
possessed the unique qualities desired in the next Superintendent.

Superintendent Search, Board President John Selawsky shared that, "The Board
of Education is taking its responsibility of finding a good match for the
District seriously.  The process of interviewing several candidates has
already helped us to more clearly identify the kind of leader we are looking
for. We have very high expectations for our next superintendent and I am
optimistic that we will find the right match for the District in the next
few months."

Superintendent Huyett has agreed to extend his contract to give the Board
more time to hire the right candidate.

--
Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To