[BHS Etree] BUSD: School Board Updates - May 23, 2012

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue May 29 15:46:54 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan,
markcoplan at berkeley.net

BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES

BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and other Board
activities at the board meeting on May 23, 2011 the Board discussed the
following items:

View photos of Board Meetings at flickr.com:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157629886972810/

Report on Closed Session and Approval of Agenda

Approval: https://vimeo.com/42790399

The Board approved the agenda pulling Consent Items 2.1-C Human Resources
Report and 3.3-C Policy on Homework & Suspension for discussion. The Board
also moved Action Items 2.1-A BCCE Personnel Comm. Nomination and 3.1-A App
for Categorical Programs to Consent. All Consent Items were approved,
including these four items.  See Consent Approval:
https://vimeo.com/43009960

See Items 2.1-C and 3.3-C: https://vimeo.com/42857529

Board Recognition

The Board recognized Berkeley Scholars to Cal

See Recognition: https://vimeo.com/42790400

Public Comments

See Public Comments: https://vimeo.com/42790397

Union Comments

See Union Comments & Response: https://vimeo.com/42857524

Board Comments

See Comments: https://vimeo.com/42857525

Action Items

2.1-A BCCE Personnel Comm. Nomination and 3.1-A App for Categorical Programs
Moved to Consent

See 2.1-A: https://vimeo.com/42860376

3.2-A; 3.3-A; 3.4-A; 3.5-A and 3.6-A Approval of FY 2012-13 Expenditures

3.2-A: Visual and Performing Arts Fund

3.3-A: Professional Development Fund

3.4-A: Program Evaluation Fund

3.5-A: Library Fund

3.6-A: Technology Fund

** See Items 3.2-A - 3.6-A: https://vimeo.com/42860377

Conference Item

2.1-CF

Reorganization of Maintenance Department and Related Elimination of Certain
Classified Positions

** See 2.1-CF: https://vimeo.com/42860376

Information Items

3.1-I Progress Report on Response to Instruction and Intervention (RTI)

** See 3.1-I: https://vimeo.com/42860374

4.1-I The Governor's May Revision on the State Budget

** See Report: https://vimeo.com/43011658

5.1-I Maintenance and BB Third Quarter FY 2012 Report

** Report received without presentation.

Approval of Minutes for May 2 & 9, 2012

** See Approval of Minutes: https://vimeo.com/42860375

** Complete information about these items  is available for review in the
May 9, 2012 Board packet, located in the Board Meeting section of the BUSD
website:
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/05-23-12_packet.pd

Schedule of Upcoming Board of Education Meetings

May 30 (Special Closed Session) - June 6 - June 20

All Board meetings are broadcast live on Berkeley Community Media Cable
Channel 33 re-broadcast on channel 33 the following Thursday morning at 9 AM
and the following Sunday at 2 PM.

--

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To