[BHS Etree] BUSD: Board Updates May 9, 2012

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu May 17 18:27:11 PDT 2012

BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES

BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and other Board
activities

At the board meeting on May 9, 2011 the Board discussed the following items:

View photos of Board Meetings at flickr.com:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157629762477442/

Special Meeting

A Special Meeting was called before the regularly scheduled meeting where
the Board passed Item 2.1-A, Layoff Resolution No. 12-53.

See Item 2.1-A: https://vimeo.com/41925537

Regular Meeting

Report on Closed Session and Approval of Agenda

Report on Closed Session and Agenda Approval: https://vimeo.com/41925536

The Board approved the agenda with no changes. All Consent Items were
approved. See Consent Approval: https://vimeo.com/42025293

Board Recognition

The Board recognized Cesar Chavez Essay Winners:  Kristina Castro-Lopez,
Ishmael Perry, Sadie Fleig, Katia Bouali and Eleana Binder

See Recognition of Chavez Winners: https://vimeo.com/41925538

The Board also recognized Malcolm X Elementary School as a California
Distinguished School

See Recognition of Malcolm X School: https://vimeo.com/41941418

 Public Comments

See Public Comments: https://vimeo.com/41941420

See Extended Public Comment: https://vimeo.com/42169158

Union Comments

No Union Comments.

Advisory Committee Comments

BSEP P&O Comments: https://vimeo.com/41964090

Board and Superintendent Comments

See Comments: https://vimeo.com/41941419

Action Items

1.1-A Recommendation for the Expenditure of

the BSEP Class Size Monies in FY 2012-13

** See Item 1.1-A: https://vimeo.com/41947561

2.2-A Public Hearing for Amended Initial Proposal from the District to the
Berkeley Federation of Teachers

The Board conducted a public hearing and approved the amended proposal. **
See Item 2.2-A: https://vimeo.com/41997139

4.1-A Public Hearing on  Resolution No. 12-52 SBX 3-4 Categorical
Flexibility for Fiscal Years 2011-12 and

2012-13

The Board conducted a public hearing and approved the resolution.

** See Item 4.1-A: https://vimeo.com/42169152

Conference Item

4.1-CF

Superintendent's Proposed Budget Reductions

** See 4.1-CF: https://vimeo.com/41992941

Information Item

2.1-I Update on the Certificated Reduction in

Force for the Coming 2012/13 School Year

** Report received without presentation (see Special Meeting).

3.1-I Superintendent's Recommendations for

Two Way Immersion Program

** See 3.1-I: https://vimeo.com/42169154

3.2-I Williams Complaints Quarterly Report

** Report received without presentation.

3.3-I First Reading of New Textbooks for

Berkeley High School in Sociology, Government and Spanish for Native
Speakers

** Report received the item for First Reading without presentation.

3.4-I First Reading of Proposed Board Policy on

Make-Up Work Following Student Suspension

** See 3.4-I: https://vimeo.com/42169153

3.5-I Student Language Census Report

** Report received without presentation.

3.6-I National Student Origin Report

** Report received without presentation.

4.1-I P-2 School Average Daily Attendance

** See 4.1-I: https://vimeo.com/41992019

5.1-I Annual Report from the Construction Board Advisory Committee for
Measure I

** See 5.1-I: https://vimeo.com/42176955

5.2-I Facilities Plan Update

** Report received without presentation.

Approval of Minutes for April 11, 2012

** See Approval of Minutes: https://vimeo.com/42169157

** Complete information about these items  is available

for review in the May 9, 2012 Board packet, located in the Board Meeting
section of the BUSD

website:
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/05-09-12_packet.pd

Schedule of Upcoming Board of Education Meetings

May 23 - June 6 - June 20

All Board meetings are broadcast live on Berkeley Community Media Cable
Channel 33 re-broadcast on Channel 33 the following Thursday morning at 9 AM
and the following Sunday at 2 PM.
--
Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To