[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, April 25 (Wed.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Apr 24 15:14:27 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional
information or details are available from the etree.

BHS STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

*New or updated information

ADMINISTRATION

1. Oh yes the attendance horse race continues and it's neck and neck down
the stretch amongst freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.  It's really anyone's
race and yes - the class that wins will get a theater rented out to
themselves for a private movie showing this summer or at the start of next
year!  The numbers as of April 16 are:

grade 9 -  93.94%           grade 10  -   93.84%       grade 11  - 93.53%
grade 12 -  91.54%

2. Attention: All students who have elevator keys, please return them to
Ruby Taylor in the admin office, if you no longer need them.

*3. Beginning, Monday, April 30th the Health Center will be closed Monday
afternoons for the duration of the school year.  We apologize for the
inconvenience.

4. All students who want to be in any of the plays next year (Fall play,
Vagina Monologues, Spring Musical) must sign up now for 7th period
production class.  Please see Mr. Winer with any questions.

5. STAR Testing school-wide this week (April 24-27): The schedule is below,
at the bottom of this message.

SENIORS

1.  You are Invited to the Second Annual Academic Choice Commencement

Where:  BHS Community Theatre

When:  3-6 p.m. Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dress:  Dressy Casual

Free Sashes and Pins will be handed out to all participating students.

Please invite your relatives and friends.

*2. Prom is coming up on May 5, 2012. And we need to have a King and Queen.
Come to the leadership office and get your Prom Royalty Application form.
The form is due May 1st.

SPORTS

*Hey did you miss Cheerleader Tryouts? Don't worry, you have a second chance
to tryout.  Tryout dates are May 21, 22, and 23 @ 5:30pm - 7:30pm. Please
pick up an application in the main office Today! Deadline to turn in
application is Friday, May 18, 2012 by 5pm.  Don't miss your chance to be a
member of the best cheerleading teams in town! IMPORTANT: A completed
Application Must be turned in by the deadline AND YOU MUST attend all three
days of tryouts in order to be considered.

EVENTS

*Hairspray, the musical, continues Friday at 7pm in the Little Theater, with
additional shows on Saturday at 2pm and 7pm.  $7 for students - Don't miss!

JOBS

*1. I am offering an opportunity for a summer job as my assistant in
teaching sewing at Stone  Mountain and Daughter Fabric Store in Berkeley
during June, July and August this summer.  The student should be familiar
with using a sewing machine and enjoy working with middle school-age youth.
The hours will be from 10am to 1pm Monday through Thursday, 3 weeks per
month.  We have fun and work in a relaxed atmosphere with children who have
beginning to intermediate level sewing skills.  I can be contacted at
elliot.alice at gmail.com.

2. The Edible Schoolyard at King Middle School is looking to hire two
Interns to assist with the summer program for King Students, taking place
August 13th - 17th.  To find out more about the position and apply, please
go to http://edibleschoolyard.org/careers/summer-program-high-school-intern

_______________________________________

Star Testing (April 24-27) Schedule:

Berkeley High School

Star Testing School-wide Schedule

April 25th-27th, 2012

(6 minute-passing)

Wednesday April 25th

(6 minute-passing)

CST Math

8:30-8:40

10 minutes

Prep/Attendance

8:40-10:10

90 minutes

Math Part 1

10:10-10:15

5 minutes

BREAK (students stay in class)

10:15-12:00

105 minutes

Math Part 2 **

12:00-12:50

50 minutes

40 minute LUNCH + 10 minute Post-prep

12:56-1:46

50 minutes

Period 4 + 4 minutes for Bulletin

1:52-2:38

46 minutes

Period 5

2:44-3:30

46 minutes

Period 6

Thursday April 26th

(6 minute-passing)

CST Science

8:30-8:50

20 minutes

Prep/Attendance

8:50-10:20

90 minutes

Life Science 10th

10:20-10:35

15 minutes

Break

10-35- 11:35

60 minutes

Science Part 1

11:35-12:25

50 minutes

40 minute LUNCH + 10 minute Post-prep

12:31-1:31

60 minutes

Science Part 2

1:37-2:11

34 minutes

Period 2 make up testing

2:17-2:51

34 minutes

Period 3 make up testing

2:57-3:30

33 minutes

Period 1 make up testing

Friday April 27th

(6 minute-passing)

CST History

10th/11th Graders (There are a few exceptions)

8:30-8:50

20 minutes

Prep/Attendance

8:50-9:45

55 minutes

History Part 1

9:45-10:00

15 minutes

BREAK (students stay in class)

10:00-10:55

55 minutes

History Part 2

10:55-11:05

10 minutes

Teacher Announcement

11:05-11:55

50  minutes

40 minute LUNCH + 10 minute Post-prep

12:01-1:10

69 minutes

Period 2 make up testing

1:16-2:20

64 minutes

Period 3 make up testing

2:26-3:30

64 minutes

Period 1 make up testing

Note:  ALL 10th Grade students take the 10th grade Life Science test on
April 26th

Post-prep time refers to the time after testing for teachers to return their
crates and supplies.

Seniors - report to school at the end of lunch every day

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To