[BHS Etree] PARENT RESOURCE CENTER: African American Parent Meeting, 4/21 (Sat.) 10am-12noon

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Apr 19 17:08:54 PDT 2012

 Do not reply to this email, contact Irma Parker, irmaparker at berkeley.net

A CALL TO ACTION!!

African American families there will be a very important meeting this
Saturday at BHS for parents and students. The purpose of this meeting is to
discuss the issues and solutions in regard to the academic and development
struggles of African American students at BHS and nationwide. I'm asking for
your personal commitment to come out regardless of the achievement level of
your child and especially if they are struggling. As we all know the
development of African American students is a matter of success and
struggle, incarceration vs freedom, and life vs death. Please come out and
listen to what our students have to say as to what they need form us as
parents, the school and community to be successful in their academic and
personal endeavors.

This event will be facilitated by Jason Seals, Professor of Africana Studies
at Merritt College.

Please, don't miss this event and bring your children with you!!

Date:   Saturday, April 21, 2012

Time:   10:00am - 12:00noon

Place:  Berkeley High School Library 2nd flr D Bldg

           1980 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA

Refreshments will Be Served!

Thanks

Irma Parker, Parent Liaison, BHS Parent Resource Center

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To