[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: 2ND CALL for AP and IB proctors--Important!

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Apr 15 21:23:38 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

This is the second call for volunteer proctors for the AP and IB exams which
Start on Wednesday, May 2.  Many thanks to those who have already stepped up
but we have a long ways to go and go it we must if we want to offer the AP
and IB exams.   The commitment is for all morning or all afternoon roughly
7:15 am to noon and 11:45 am to 4 pm.    Below are our current needs taking
into account spots that have already been filled.

1.Wednesday, May 2: morning IB English HL and SL  (4 more proctors needed)

2.Thursday, May 3:     afternoon IB Math HL and SL (4 more proctors needed)

3.Friday, May 4:           morning IB Math HL and SL (2 more proctors
needed)

4.Monday, May 7:        morning AP Chemistry (4 more  proctors needed)

                                    morning AP Environmental Science (3 more
proctors needed)

                                    afternoon IB Math HL (1 more proctor
needed)

5. Tuesday, May 8:      afternoon AP Art History (1 proctor needed)

                                    afternoon IB Chemistry (1 proctor
needed)

6.Wednesday, May 9:morning AP Calculus (3 more proctors needed)

                                    afternoon IB English HL and SL (6
proctors needed)

7.Thursday, May 10    morning

                                    afternoon AP Latin (no proctors)

                                    afternoon IB Physics (1 proctor)

                                    afternoon IB Env. Sys. (2 more proctors)

8.Friday, May 11:         morning AP US History (5 more proctors)

                                    morning IB Physics HL (1 more proctor)

                                    morning IB Env. Sys. (3 more proctors)

                                    afternoon IB History HL and SL (5 more
proctors)

9.Monday, May 14:      morning AP Biology (3 more proctors)

                                    morning IB History HL (5 more proctors)

                                    afternoon AP Physics (1 more proctor)

                                    afternoon IB Mandarin (1 proctor)

10. Tuesday, May 15: morning AP US Government (3 proctors)

                                    afternoon AP French Lang. and Cul. (1
proctor)

                                    afternoon IB Economics SL (2 more
proctors)

11. Wed, May 16:        morning AP English Lang. and Comp. (5 more proctors)

                                    morning IB Economics SL (3 more
proctors)

                                    morning IB Latin HL (1 proctor)

                                    afternoon AP Statistics (3 proctors)

12.Thursday, May 17: morning AP Macroeconomics (4 proctors)

                                    morning AP World History (1 proctor)

                                    morning IB Spanish HL and SL (1 more
proctor)

                                    afternoon IB Biology SL (2 proctors)

13. Friday, May 18:      morning IB Biology SL (2 proctors)

14. Tuesday, May 22:  morning IB French HL and SL (2 proctors)

These tests, which are both generated and graded by outside organizations,
are college level examinations, which can result in college level credit.
However, in order to qualify they must be administered properly and that
includes having a sufficient number of proctors. Offering these demanding
classes to our students is a community effort. Without volunteers (you!) we
CANNOT do it. Proctoring, as those who have done it can attest, is not
difficult. Each test has a paid administrator. Volunteer proctors pass out
tests, collect tests, issue bathroom passes, and are on site should we be
audited. Any problems will be handled by  the paid administrator.

Please let me know what and times and tests you can proctor by contacting me
at jhuseby at pacbell.net

Thank you very much!

Janet Huseby

Outreach and Volunteers

Berkeley High School

Jhuseby at pacbell.net

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To