[BHS Etree] SPORTS: Berkeley High Crew Learn to Row Day

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Apr 11 19:18:28 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lindsey Anderson
lranders1 at gmail.com

Berkeley High Crew will be hosting a free Learn to Row Day for ages 11-18
this Sunday, April 15th. Come check it out!

Berkeley High Free Learn to Row Day:

Where: Jack London Aquatic Center (Berkeley High Boathouse). Directions
follow the below information.

When: Sunday April 15th , from 1:30-3:30pm

What do I wear to learn to row day?

Please wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes (ie: warm up pants,
sweats, t-shirts, etc). Clothing should not be too loose fitting.

Agenda:

- Explain basics of rowing

- Learn the anatomy of a rowing boat

- Please bring friends who may be interested in rowing!

- Family and Friends are encouraged to join us and see what rowing is all
about!

- If you cannot RSVP, please drop by! The more the merrier!

TO RSVP or for Questions, please contact:

Lindsey Anderson, Varsity Women's Coach

Phone: (253) 223-4795

Email: LRANDERS1 at GMAIL.COM

GO JACKETS!!!!!

Directions:

DIRECTIONS TO THE BERKELEY HIGH CREW BOATHOUSE:

The Jack London Aquatic Center is located at 115 Embarcadero, between 5th
Avenue and Oak Street, in Estuary

Park, where the Lake Merritt Channel meets the Estuary in Oakland. It is
approximately one mile east of Jack London

Square along the Embarcadero.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

>From Berkeley/El Cerrito/I-80 West:

Take I-80 WEST toward Oakland. Merge onto I-580 East/Downtown Oakland
(CA-24) toward Hayward/Stockton.

Now take the I-980 WEST EXIT towards DOWNTOWN OAKLAND. Take the JACKSON
STREET EXIT, staying

RIGHT at the fork in the ramp. The exit will drop you on 5TH STREET. Stay on
5TH STREET for 3 blocks until you

reach OAK ST. Turn right on OAK ST., OAK ST. becomes EMBARCADERO after
crossing the railroad tracks. Go

approximately 3/10 mile on the EMBARCADERO, turn RIGHT into the entrance to
Estuary Park and JLAC.

Immediately after the JLAC entrance there is a small bridge on the
EMBARCADERO; if you go over the bridge,

you've gone too far.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To