[BHS Etree] JAZZ: BHS Jazz Musicians To Play at Monterey Festival - Saturday, March 31

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Mar 30 13:13:59 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this e-mail, contact  berkeleyjazz at comcast.net

The BHS Jazz Ensemble and two Ensemble combos have been invited to play at the Next Generation Jazz Festival in Monterey, California which runs from March 31st to April 1st.

This prestigious Festival, in the words of its organizers, presents "the top student musicians from across the country and around the world."  Finalists are selected through recorded auditions by faculty from the Berklee College of Music in Massachusetts. This year, 12 high school bands were selected, and 6 high school combos.  In addition to our BHS Jazz Ensemble, BHS Combo A ( Lev Facher, Nick Lamb, Grant Milliken,, Elena Pinderhughes, and Brian Timar) and BHS Combo B (Marcelo Borque-Perez, Liam Collins, Sam Klein-Markman, Michael Orenstein, Hugo Shiboski, and Brian Timar) will perform at the Festival. Let's congratulate all of our BHS Jazz Ensemble musicians and wish them much success in Monterey !

For more info please check the Monterey Next Generation Festival Website.   http://www.montereyjazzfestival.org/2012/NGJF
All events are free, and there are literally scores of performances all weekend.  Please feel free to invite friends to make the trek to enjoy all the great music, and especially to hear our BHS combos and big band play on Saturday, March 31 (combo B at 9:30, combo A at 11:00, ensemble at 4:30).

The Festival is at the Portola Hotel in Monterey.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.