[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, March 28 (Wed.)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Mar 28 10:58:31 PDT 2012
PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.
BHS STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
*New or updated information
*1. Attention all students who have elevator keys, please return them to Ruby Taylor in the admin office, if you no longer need them.
2. It's true - there really is a competition for the class with the best attendance, and the winner will really get a whole theater rented out to them to watch a movie together! Here are the updated numbers for attendance competition!
Sophomores are pulling ahead – grade 9 - 92.95% grade 10 - 93.24% grade 11 - 92.14% grade 12 - 87.89%
*3. Have you read Graceling by Cashore, Beastly by Flinn and If I Stay by Forman? If you have, it’s time to vote for your favorite in the Young Adult Category of the California Young reader Medal contest. See Ms. G in the library to get your ballot. Deadline is Friday, so be sure to vote by then!!
*4. Are you a Hunger Games fan? Did you count down the days until the movie opened? Be sure to come to the library to get your limited edition Hunger Games bookmark!
1. AC Seniors Commencement Meeting.
Come help decide what your AC Commencement will be like. During lunch on Thursday, March 29 in Mr. Carton's Room C213, snacks provided.
*2. Seniors! Get your prom tickets in the leadership office this week at lunch or afterschool for $75. Move fast! Tickets will go up to $80 for two weeks after the break, then $85 for two more weeks.
*1. All JV Boys basketball players, please pick up team picture forms in the AD office today afterschool. Team pictures will be Thursday at 6:30 pm.
1. Join the Build On Club! We fundraise to build schools in developing countries, volunteer for fun projects during the weekend and do activities during club meetings to be more globally aware. Come join the greatness! Wednesdays at lunch in G104.
*1. Once again, BHS has the amazing opportunity to see the world famous a cappella group from Oxford University, "Out of the Blue" here at BHS! This Thursday, March 29, 6:00 pm at the Little Theatre, donations accepted $ 5 -10. They came and visited two years ago and it was an unforgettable thing, these dashing young dudes will cover everything from Madrigals, to Sinatra to Lady Gaga -- they are truly are amazing and have won awards all over the world. Hosted by Berkeley High.
2. Do you have talent? Do you want to win Money? Talent show auditions are coming after school on March 28th. Sign up in the leadership office today! This is a great performance opportunity for those of you who love to perform. We welcome all types of performers - Magicians, jugglers, comedians, film makers, licking your eyebrows and other crazy talents. WE WANT IT ALL!!
1. Kaplan International Colleges’ home stay program compensates each host family to help cover the cost of room and board: $215 per week for each single room student (half-board); and on March 31, 2012, KIC will be hosting a group of Brazilian scholarship students. They will be here from March 31 until April 28. The host families are expected to provide two meals a day and provide a clean room with a bed and desk for the students. We ask that host families live within a maximum 30-minute commute to KIC, and close to public transportation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lisa Holsworth, School Director via email Lisa.Holsworth at kaplan.com or at (510) 204-8981 x7503 <tel:%28510%29%20204-8981%20x7503> .
2. Flash, the cat who lived on the Berkeley High campus for a month, was recently rescued! He is currently happy, healthy, in foster care and in need of a great home! He is eager to receive attention and is very playful and quick to purr. If you are interested, please contact Sabrina at berkeleyhighcat at gmail.com
Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.
BHS etree archives: <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website: <http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe'. To post a message, send to: <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS