[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Wednesday Dismissal 2:30 p.m.

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Mar 19 19:42:09 PDT 2012

Do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby jhuseby at berkeley.net.

On Wednesday, March 21 Berkeley High will dismiss all students at 2:30 p.m.
--one hour earlier than usual.

Modified schedule for Wednesday, March 21 only:
per 0  =  7:23-821
per 1  =  8:27-9:15
per 2  =  9:21-10:14
per3  =  10:20-11:08
LUNCH  =  11:08-11:48
per 4  =  11:54-12:42
per 5  =  12:48-1:36
per 6  =  1:42-2:30
WASC report  = 3:00

The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) is the body that
issues accreditation for schools.  This week we  have a visiting team from
WASC
on our campus Monday 19th, Tuesday 20th, and Wednesday 21st.

The WASC team has received a written report from us already and they will be
spending their three days comparing what we said in the report with the
reality of what they observe.  Most of their time will be spent observing
teaching and learning in classrooms, but they will also meet with groups of
students, teachers, and staff.

At their end of their visit on Wednesday afternoon, the WASC team will make
an oral presentation of their findings.  This meeting will be at 3 pm in the
BHS library.  Parents, students, and staff are all invited to attend.  To
accommodate the meeting, we will have an early dismissal on Wednesday 21st.
Students will be released at 2:30 pm.

If you have any questions about the WASC visit, contact Daniel Roose, the
BHS WASC Coordinator, via email at droose at berkeley.net.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To