[BHS Etree] JUNIORS - EARLY ASSESSMENT PROGRAM (EAP) for CSU, Mar. 28

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Mar 12 18:06:26 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jorge Melgoza
jorgemelgoza at berkeley.net

All Juniors will be taking the Early Assessment Program (EAP) on March 28th
in their English Classes. This test is designed by the State Board of
Education (SBE), the California Department of Education (CDE) and the
California State University (CSU) to inform students about their readiness
for college-level coursework in English prior to enrolling in a CSU or CC.
A benefit for students demonstrating proficiency based on their results is
exemption from taking the CSU and CC placement tests in English and directly
enrolling in college-level classes from the very beginning.

For those students choosing to have a CSU or CC receive their scores,
students must indicate this on the EAP Augmentation Section of their STAR
answer sheets that will occur in April.  The results of this assessments
will also provide us with another diagnostic tool to measure the percentage
of our students at grade level and in need of additional support.

The pick up and drop off location will be my office I will provide another
reminder with more details as we get closer to the date.

Thank you for your support.

Jorge Melgoza

Vice Principal

Berkeley High School

510-644-8744

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To