[BHS Etree] BUSD: School Board Video Updates - March 7, 2012

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Mar 11 17:35:06 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan,
markcoplan at berkeley.net

BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES

BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and other Board
activities

Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website and
all Berkeley public libraries

Public Information Office  <tel:%28510%29%20644-6320> (510) 644-6320

BUSD Web Site:  <http://www.berkeley.net/> www.berkeley.net

At the board meeting on March 7, 2011 the Board discussed the following
items:

View photos of Board Meetings at flickr.com:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157629550976137/

Report on Closed Session and Approval of Agenda

See Report on Closed Session and Agenda Approval on Vimeo.com:
http://vimeo.com/38208587

The Board approved the agenda, moving Action Item 1.1-A to the end of the
agenda. The Board also accepted 5.1-I Measure BB Financial Update Report for
information without a presentation. Note: All Consent Items were approved.
See Aproval of Agenda: http://vimeo.com/38228000

See Approval of Consent: http://vimeo.com/38228132

Board Recognition

The Board recognized "WECARE" Classified Employees: Sana Amanulla, Roland
Anderson, Linda Fraimow-Wong, Joel Goldstein, Mary Hurlbert, Elizabeth
Karem, Albert Kumar and Ahlam Younis.

See Board Recognition: http://vimeo.com/38250354

Public Comments

See Public Comments: http://vimeo.com/38208851

See Extended Public Comments: http://vimeo.com/38256690

Union Comments

See Union Comments: No Union Comments Made

Board and Superintendents Comments

See Board See Board and Superintendent Comments: No Comments Made

Action Items

1.1-A Approval of Appointments to Successor Agency Oversight Board

The Board approved Appointments to Successor

Agency Oversight Board for Alameda County. **

See Item 2.1-A:  <http://vimeo.com/38256450> http://vimeo.com/38256450

2.1-A Reduction in Certificated Staff Due to Reduction or Elimination of
Particular Kinds of Service

The Board Approved Resolution 12-33. **

2.2-A Release/Non-Reelection of Temporary (including "Probationary O")
Certificated Employees

The Bo Approved Resolution 12-34. ** See Items 2.1-A and 2.2-A:
http://vimeo.com/38262094

4.1-A Certification of Second Interim Report for period ending January 31,
2012

The Board accepted the positive certification of the Second Interim Report,
certifying that the District will be able to meets its financial obligations
for the current and subsequent two years. ** See 4.1-A:
http://vimeo.com/38230769

5.1-A Approval of Land Swap between BUSD and City of Berkeley related to the
Derby Field Project

The Board approved the land swap between BUSD and City of Berkeley related
to the Derby Field Project.

** See Item 5.1-A: http://vimeo.com/38255890

5.2-A Approval of the 2012 Facilities Plan

The Board approved the 2012 Facilities Plan.

** See Item 5.2-A: http://vimeo.com/38262304

5.3-A Approval of Schematic Design of Modernization and Addition of
Jefferson School

The Board approved the schematic design of

modernization and addition of Jefferson School.

** See Item 5.3-A: http://vimeo.com/38251537

Information Items

1.1-I Presentation by Berkeley Alliance Staff on 2020 Vision Initiative

See 1.1-I: http://vimeo.com/38233637

3.1-I Program for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Student

** See Item 3.2-I: http://vimeo.com/38241049

4.1-I Staff Proposal for Budget Reductions for 2012-13

** See 4.1-I: http://vimeo.com/38254220

5.1-I Measure BB Financial Update Report

** The Board accepted the report without a presentation.

5.2-I Facilities Plan Update

** The Board accepted the report without a presentation

Approval of Minutes

Approval of Minutes for January 22, 2012

** See Approval of Minutes: http://vimeo.com/38256671

** Complete information about these items  is available

for review in the March 7, 2012 Board packet, located in the Board Meeting
section of the BUSD website:

http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/03-07-12_packet.pd

Schedule of Upcoming Board of Education Meetings

March 28  - April 11 - April 25 - May 9 - May 23 - June 6 - June 20

All Board meetings are broadcast live on Berkeley Community Media Cable
Channel 33; re-broadcast on channel 33 the following Thursday morning at 9
AM and the following Sunday at 2 PM.

--
Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To