[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Mar. 12 (Mon.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Mar 10 21:17:51 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional
information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

March 12, 2012

*Indicates new or updated item.

ADMINISTRATION

1. The CAHSEE is taking place on Tuesday March 13 and Wednesday March 14.
If you are a sophomore who was absent in February or a junior and senior who
has yet to pass one or both sections of this exam then report then report to
the Jacket Gym by 7:30.

2. Does it pay to go to class?  Yes it does! The class with the best
attendance for 2nd semester will win an exclusive event experience to a
local movie theatre.  We will rent out the theater for the winning class to
have fun together watching a popular film.

*3. Reminder- BSEP Meeting Monday, March 12, 4:30 pm-9:00 pm.

SENIORS

We are not selling yearbooks at the end of the school year.  We are only
ordering the yearbooks that people purchase.  There are 35 more left.  We
will order more if people pay before March 15.  Senior pages need to be
purchased and brought in before March 18th in C327.

EVENTS

1. The BHS Lab Bands I and II will perform in concert on Wednesday March 14
at the BHS (Florence Schwimley) Little Theatre beginning at 7:00 pm!
Tickets are $10 (General Admission); BHS students and staff are free; other
student tickets $3. Lots of snacks and drinks available for purchase.  Come
out and enjoy the evening, hear great music, and support these talented
musicians and BHS Jazz!! reply to berkeleyjazz at comcast.net

2. The Berkeley High Jazz Ensemble  and Combos will perform at Yoshi's Jazz
Club in Oakland (510 Embarcadero) on Monday, March 26. Come see  our
talented musicians perform at one of the foremost jazz clubs in Northern
California!  Tickets are available from Ensemble students and online at
Yoshi's Oakland website,  www.yoshis.com/oakland. 7:00 Show--$20  (Full
Ensemble and Combo A) 9:00 Show--$15  (Full Ensemble and Combos B and C)
reply to berkeleyjazz at comcast.net.

OTHER

Kaplan International Center ("KIC") in downtown Berkeley provides English
language instruction to thousands of students across the English-speaking
world, with schools in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom,
Australia and New Zealand. In addition to English language instruction, KIC
provides a range of services to assist each student with their new life in a
foreign country. These services include a housing program, which gives
students the opportunity to live with an American family so that they can
better experience our culture and improve their English skills.

KIC's home stay program compensates each host family to help cover the cost
of room and board: $215 per week for each single room student (half-board).
On March 31, 2012, KIC will be hosting a group of Brazilian scholarship
students.  They will be here from March 31 until April 28.  The host
families are expected to provide two meals a day and provide a clean room
with a bed and desk for the students. We ask that host families live within
a maximum 30-minute commute to KIC, and close to public transportation. If
you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lisa Holsworth, School
Director via email Lisa.Holsworth at kaplan.com or at (510) 204-8981 x7503
<tel:%28510%29%20204-8981%20x7503> .

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To