[BHS Etree] BUSD Board Updates Feb 22, 2012

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Feb 28 19:43:15 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan markcoplan at berkeley.net

BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES
BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and other Board activities
Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website and all Berkeley public libraries
Public Information Office (510) 644-6320
BUSD Web Site: www.berkeley.net
At the board meeting on February 22, 2011 the Board discussed the following items:
View photos of Board Meetings a flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157629472709089/
Report on Closed Session and Approval of Agenda

See Report on Closed Session and Agenda Approval on Vimeo.com: http://vimeo.com/37570683

The Board approved the agenda, pulling Consent Items 5,1-C Approve an Increase to Contract with Baker Vilar Architects for Services Related to the West Campus Board Room Project and 5.2-C Approval of Reciprocity Agreement between UC Berkeley and Berkeley Unified School District for Usage of field for discussion. The Board also accepted 3.1-I Revised Administrative Regulation on Anti-Bullying and 5.2-I Maintenance and Measure BB Update for information without a presentation. Note: All Consent Items including pulled items were approved. See Approval of Consent Calendar and pulled items: http://vimeo.com/37574196
Board Recognition

The Board recognized Tom and Jane Kelly of KyotoUSA for their work in the development of the BUSD Solar Master Plan. See Board Recognition: http://vimeo.com/37570901

Public Comments

See Public Comments: http://vimeo.com/37571785

Union Comments
See Union Comments: http://vimeo.com/37572100

Board and Superintendents Comments
See Superintendent Comments: http://vimeo.com/37572333

See Board Comments: http://vimeo.com/37572847

Action Items

The Board opened Individual Public Hearings for Items 2.1-A; 2.2-A and 2.3-A, and closed the hearings with no comments.

2.1-A Initial Proposal for Successor Agreement with BFT; 2.2-A Initial Proposal for Successor Agreement with Local 21 and 2.2-A Initial Proposal for Successor

Agreement with UBA
At the conclusion of Public Comments with no comments made, the Board approved all three agreements. ** See all three on Vimeo.com: http://vimeo.com/37574585

Information Items

2.1-I Classification and Compensation Study

See 2.1-I: http://vimeo.com/37578365

2.2-I Conference with Consultant to Develop

Leadership Profile for Superintendent Search **

See Item 2.2-I Part One: http://vimeo.com/37491340

See Item 2.2-I Part Two: http://vimeo.com/37493872

See Item 2.2-I Part Three: http://vimeo.com/37495283

3.1-I Revised Administrative Regulation on Anti-Bullying.

The Board accepted the report without a presentation.

4.1-I School Enrollment and Attendance Report

See 4.1-I: http://vimeo.com/37580689

5.1-I Surplus Property Information

See 5.1-I: http://vimeo.com/37576710

5.2-I Maintenance and Measure BB Update

The Board accepted the report without a presentation.

5.3-I Presentation on Solar Master Plan
See 5.3-I: http://vimeo.com/37577658

Approval of Minutes

Approval of Minutes for February 4 and February 8, 2012

** See Approval of Minutes: http://vimeo.com/37580240

** Complete information about these items  is available for review in the February 22, 2012 Board packet, located in the Board Meeting section of the BUSD
website: http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/02-22-12_packet.pdf

Schedule of Upcoming Board of Education Meetings

March 7  - March 28  - April 11 - April 25 -

May 9 - May 23 - June 6 - June 20

All Board meetings are broadcast live on Berkeley
Community Media Cable Channel 33 re-broadcasted

on channel 33 the following Thursday morning at 9 AM

and the following Sunday at 2 PM.

--
Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer
Berkeley Unified School District