[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Personnel Issue at BHS

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Feb 24 17:19:50 PST 2012

Dear BHS Families:

In an attempt to head off speculation and to be out in front of any rumors,
I want to inform you of a very difficult development that has occurred
within the Berkeley High School Community.

On Thursday, following a law enforcement investigation, Berkeley High School
safety officer William Keys was arrested by the Berkeley Police Department
on allegations of identity theft.

Mr. Keys has been placed on administrative leave while a subsequent district
investigation is being conducted.

Obviously we respect the right to due process for all of our employees and
students and we will provide whatever cooperation and support we can to
district staff and law enforcement in order to help ensure that a thorough
and fair process is conducted in response to this matter.

BHS will continue to hold the highest expectations for all of its staff and
students and place no one above consequences if and when their actions
jeopardize the integrity or security of our school.

Respectfully,

Pasquale Scuderi

Principal

Berkeley High School

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To