[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Feb. 23 (Thurs.)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Feb 22 21:20:10 PST 2012
PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
February 23, 2012
*Indicates new or updated item.
1. One in ten girls admits to having experienced physical violence in a dating relationship in the past year. February is teen dating violence prevention and awareness month. Talk with a teacher, counselor, family member, or health center staff if you or someone you know needs support. Get help, take action, stop the violence.
2. BSEP Applications for 2012-2013 school year are now available. You can pick up a printed copy or get one electronically.
3. Students with 2 or more overdue books will not be able to purchase tickets to the Winter Ball. Please check under your bed and get those books back to the textbook room! Check with Ms. Reed (Mon. thru Thurs.) if you have any questions. If you have a government book from last semester, PLEASE turn it in to the bookroom ASAP. Other students are waiting for them. Thank you.
4. Winter Ball tickets are on SALE NOW! Come to the Leadership Office at lunch or after school to buy your tickets. YEAH, it’s the Mardi Gras Ball - get your tix today and tell your friends.
5. Thursday, February 23rd is Day of Silence for Human Trafficking Awareness. Silence for people all over the world who are forced into sex slavery. Be silent for those who can’t speak out!
6. Yearbooks are going fast. Only 100 books left. Buy them in C327 during 7th period, or at Balfour.com. Books are $80 dollars, or 65 for free and reduced lunch.
7. Are you a student that is always correcting spelling or who is a stickler when it comes to grammar? Then you should apply to be a Copy Editor for the Berkeley High Jacket for the 2012-2013 school year! Please e-mail Julian Morris-Walker at jlmw at sbcglobal.net Please turn in a hard copy of the application to room C400 by 4:30pm on March 9th, 2012! Being an editor on the Jacket requires easy access to e-mail so please have the students request an application ONLY! This shows interest and dedication in becoming a Copy Editor!
8. Does it pay to go to class? Yes it does! The class with the best attendance for 2nd semester will win an exclusive event experience to a local movie theatre. We will rent out the theater for the winning class to have fun together watching a popular film.
*9. Ever thought about Studying Abroad or hosting a foreign student? Join three Berkeley students who’ve gone to Italy, France and Costa Rica and an AFS representative in Mr. Dohrer’s classroom (C-115) next Tuesday, February 28th during lunch to learn more! AFS is an intercultural exchange organization that provides high school students opportunities to study abroad in over 40 countries! www.afs.org
1. Hey did you know that Alameda County alone sends 1.2 million tons of garbage to the land fill every year? This increasing amount of garbage is putting animals, people, and our earth in danger. But you can help! Composting greatly reduces what is sent to the landfill. Come to the meeting to kick start composting at Berkeley High! It is today Thursday, February 23rd in G207.
1. Last chance to buy caps and gowns for $25 plus tax, Thursday, February 23rd at Berkeley High School during lunch. Then the price will increase the next day!!!! The price is $60 online.
The road to the State Championship has begun. Attached are the North Coast Section Division I playoff brackets for the boys and the girls. You can follow the progress of the tournament at http://cifncs.org/sports/basketball/
The boys play Heritage tonight in the Donahue Gym at 7:00. The winner of that game plays at DeLaSalle this Friday at 8:00.
The girls will play the winner of tonight's game between Foothill and Granada in the Donahue Gym this Friday at 7:00 pm.
This is a North Coast Section special event and no passes are accepted. Tickets are $9/adults, $6 for students/seniors.
Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website: http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe'. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS