[BHS Etree] TEEN SERVICES - Youth Spirit Artworks Spring Training Session Accepting Applicants

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Feb 14 17:47:01 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact slhindman at aol.com

Youth Spirit Artworks, the TOTALLY FUN job training program empowering
underserved/low-income young people, ages 16 to 25, through ART--is
accepting applications for our Spring 2012 training session which runs NOW
through June 8th in S. Berkeley.

Participants choose three days each week they wish to participate: MWF or
TUTHF 3:30pm to 6:30pm and they are paid stipends to be part of our training
program, making art. They are also paid 50 percent of the proceeds of
everything they sell.

During the school year, Youth Spirit artists create commercial art to
sell--like art chairs, ceramic mugs, prayer flags and talking sticks. During
the summer, in our summer intensive program they additionally create
community art for neighborhood revitalization, including murals, mosaics,
etc.

Youth Spirit is located at 1769 Alcatraz Avenue near the corner of Adeline
Street, 4 blocks south of Ashby BART.

For info. call: 510-282-0396 or visit our web site at:
www.youthspiritartworks.org <http://www.youthspiritartworks.org/> .

Applications can be downloaded from our web site and mailed in or dropped
off. They can also be picked up at our art studio and filled out on the
spot.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To