[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Meeting 2/13 at 7pm- support Berkeley Athletic Fund

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Feb 6 19:47:04 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Berkeley Athletic Fund
rsvp at berkeleyhighathletics.org

All teams are encouraged to send a representative to BAF meetings.  All
supporters are welcome to attend BAF meetings and help make the Berkeley
High Athletics program a success for all student athletes.  BAF meets at 7pm
on the second Monday of every month in the Trainer's Room.  Please mark your
calendars and join us!

The Berkeley Athletic Fund is a group of volunteers who are passionate about
supporting sports at BHS. Many of us are parents with children who
participate in of BHS' 29 sports. Some of us are coaches who mentor those
kids and help them reach their athletic potential. For some of our children,
participating in athletics is the reason they attend school each day. We
come from all walks of life and welcome new volunteers at our monthly
meetings.

On the Agenda:

Approval of Minutes

ADs Report

Treasurers' Report

Wearables Report

Grants? How much available for grants? How to distribute?

Strength and Conditioning Coach:  For all sports.

Golf Tournament :  Karen Nielsen and/or Anne Armstrong (Golf Tourney
Liaisons)

Banners:  Fundraising proposal to sell banners to display on the football
field (we need to pen a proposal to the Superintendent and the board)

Follow up on other items discussed last month:

*	Donations: It was suggested that the BAF board try to reach 100%
donation participation.
*	Bylaws: Jeff Suess volunteered to take a look at the bylaws
*	Records of stats for sports- do they exist?  who keeps them? the
league? the coaches? the school?
*	Scoreboard and other updates on building project (PA system, snack
shack electricity, etc.) Distribution of  Football Parents Newsletter
(Carol)
*	Parking Lot:
*	Thank you letters for donations: Status?

If you have any questions, please send emails to:
rsvp at berkeleyhighathletics.org

Please check out http://www.berkeleyhighathletics.org/info for information

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To