[BHS Etree] SPORTS - Mens Lacrosse Team, Tryouts Feb. 6, Booster Club Jan. 31

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jan 23 15:54:02 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Bebe Bertolet
bebe.bertolet at gmail.com

BHS MEN'S LACROSSE TEAM

Calling all Players to Tryout starting February 6th !

1st Team Booster Club Meeting Tues. January 31st  at 7pm

Registration Night Wednesday, February 15th

Dear Parents, Players and Friends of Berkeley High Lacrosse,

Welcome to 2012 and an exciting new season for our team.

My name is Mac Irvin, and I'm writing in my capacity as the President of the

Berkeley High School ("BHS") Men's Lacrosse Booster Club.

My important partner in this role is Bebe Bertolet, our Vice President and
Treasurer.

Bebe and I each have sons in their senior year (Henry and Hunter).  We are
proud

to be associated with this program and the wonderful community that
comprises Berkeley lacrosse.

We welcome Coach Chris May into his new position as our Head Coach.

Chris is a BHS alum, and has been a stalwart Assistant Coach for several
years

leading our tenacious defense.  We are lucky to have him.

This program has a long tradition, and a record of great success.  That
success is

built upon parent and volunteer participation, and the Booster Club serves

organize our efforts in support of the school, the players, the coaches and
the parents.

Thank you for your interest in BHS Lacrosse.  Please see the following
summary

of "What You Need to Know,"  GO JACKETS !

What You Need To Know About the 2012 Season

If you have questions, please ask.  Especially parents of new students.

We are friendly people pulling together to support our sons and want to help
you do the same.

PLEASE email us to get info -  bhslaxemail.com

We have jobs available for all families who are able to participate.

Scorekeeping, carpools, e-mail tree, uniforms, water bottles, webmaster,

photographer - the list goes on and we need your help.

Team Booster Club meetings are held once a month on Tuesday evenings

starting, January 31st, February 28, March 28th, April 24th, May 22nd and
June 12th.

All parents are welcome to get involved. We need you now more than ever!

We have a website bhsmenslax.com that will be helpful and important

throughout the season as a way to keep in touch.

TRYOUTS are scheduled for Monday, February 6th  - 10th.

Your son must tryout to be considered for the team. Contact Head Coach Chris
May

if you have questions --- chris.may at gmail.com

LACROSSE TEAM ENROLLMENT NIGHT FEBRUARY 15  starting

at 7:00PM AT BHS- will follow the tryouts.  We introduce coaches, collect a

participation fee, distribute uniforms, sign waivers and transportation
forms.

This is a big night for learning more about the program and

ensuring your child's success and participation.

FIRST SCRIMMAGE --  February 25th at BHS against Monte Vista.

Athletes may play as many as 20 games before playoffs in mid-May.

Schedules tend to fluctuate so keep an eye on the website and your email!

PLAYOFFS - mid to end of May. We go for league title #4 in 4 years !

END OF SEASON TEAM BANQUET -- June 3rd at the Berkeley Tennis Club.

We host an annual awards ceremony and potluck dinner to recognize

outstanding accomplishments and volunteer contributions.  We also introduce
the

 succeeding volunteers and officers of the Booster's Club.

Mac Irvin, macirvin at comcast.net    and Bebe Bertolet,
bebe.bertolet at gmail.com

Please check out our website at www. bhsmenslax.com

for more info, including practice schedule and complete coverage on the
games.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To