[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS - Rosa Parks Academic Support Program

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Jan 17 20:31:17 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Rena Crocker
renacrocker at berkeley.net

Seeking math and reading volunteers

Beginning on February 15, Rosa Parks Elementary is offering an evening
academic support program to students from kindergarten through 5th grade.
We're wondering if YOU would like to come volunteer!  There are different
ways to participate:

*Help K-2nd students strengthen their reading and comprehension in English

*Help K-2nd students strengthen their reading and comprehension in Spanish

*Tutor a 3rd-5th grade student one-on-one in math

Here are more details:

When: Wednesdays from 6:30-7:45pm

Dates: Two seven week sessions: February 15 - March 28, and April 25 - June
6.  You can sign up for either or both sessions.

Training: Held at the first meeting (February 15)

Place: Rosa Parks Elementary, 920 Allston Way in Berkeley

Qualifications: High school students or adults comfortable working with kids
in reading, math or Spanish

Rewards: Getting to see kids gain strength and confidence in math and
reading; getting to know kids from our community; and a yummy thank-you
dinner held for you after the program!

Please contact me if you'd like to hear more!  Thank you so much for
considering this fun (and important) volunteer opportunity.

Rena Crocker, Family Support Services Supervisor

Family Resource Center - Rosa Parks Elementary

920 Allston Way

Berkeley, Ca 94710

510-644-8537

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To