[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Dec. 15 (Thurs.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Dec 14 19:09:47 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Thursday, December 15, 2011

*Indicates new or updated information

ADMINISTRATION

*1. Attention all members of the STAFF!  Happy to be able to take a load off for the break?  Remember that we have a staff celebration on Friday after school.  Check your email from Chris Young for more information.  Hope to see you there.  Your partners and children are welcome!

2. Yearbook  prices are $70 until January 3rd.  Go to balfour.com  or come to C327 during  7th period.  Don’t miss out they are going fast.

CLUBS

1. Like candy canes?  Want to write a note for someone?  Want to raise money for a year cause?  Then buy a candy gram from the GSA.  We’ll be selling them at lunch on the C-building gallery all week.  They’re only one dollar and all proceeds will go to the Trevor foundation.

2. Berkeley High School Athletes!!  Do you have what it takes??  It ain’t about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward.  Cause that’s how winning is done!  Join Triathlon club!  Come to C135 today at lunch!  All swimmers, runners and bikers welcome!

3. Hot chocolate and donut sale…..have steaming hot chocolate and warm donuts! This morning, December 15th , on the senior steps.  Come out and support.  Its only $1, and the proceeds go to the homeless shelter.

SPORTS

* 1. The Berkeley High School Cheerleading Squad will hold their First Annual Crab Feed Fundraiser!  Saturday, February 4, 2012, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Willard Middle School, 2425 Stuart St., Berkeley. Donation is $50 per person.  You can buy your ticket from any B.H.S. Cheerleader or B.H.S. Cheer Coach.  Come and enjoy Hot/Cold Fresh Cracked Crab, Pasta, Salad and Garlic Bread, Live entertainment, Raffles, Door Prizes and more.  Tickets go on sale TODAY!!  Please come and support or teams in this fundraising event to raise funds to attend the USA Spirit Nationals.  If you are interested in renting a vendor’s booth, at this great event, please contact Ms. Sandra McGill, for details by calling 510-919-6771.  GO YELLOWJACKETS!!!!

EVENTS

1. African Diaspora Fall Dance Concert. Tonight, Thursday, Dec 15, 7:00 p.m. on the Community Theater Stage.
  This year, Berkeley High School African American Studies Department will be throwing another spectacular African Diaspora Fall Dance Concert by our very own students, who are a part of the African American Studies, Performing Arts and Dance Departments here on campus.
  We are excited about this collaborative production with Ms. Washington-Diouf 's African,  Ms. Carr's modern, Ms. Betti Aztec and Ms. Benjamin’s beginning dance classes. Dance is not a separate art, but a part of the complexity of life.
  The magic of all life is experienced. Dance is one of the mediums through which we nourish our youth. We invite you to our performance, come and enjoy the magic of the holiday through dance and music by a variety of beautiful dancers.  Whatever style you enjoy will be present:  African, modern, hip hop, rap, acting, and more.  You don't want to miss this exciting production. Tickets are available at  BrownPaperTickets.com/event/215015.  .

2. The Street Eaters Play and the film “Power Trip: Theatrically Berkeley”. Sunday, December 18th, 10 am - Noon.
Want to catch a live band, a fun documentary about the wacky politics of Berkeley, free popcorn and coffee, all while supporting BHS? Sounds great!  That’s right, ask your parents TODAY, tickets are on sale.  Tickets are $15 each, and sold in the Leadership office.  All sales benefit BHS Activities for more fun for the entire school.  Get your tickets now!!

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.