[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Dec. 12 (Mon.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Dec 12 08:36:06 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional
information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

Monday, December 12, 2011

*Indicates new or updated information

ADMINISTRATION

1. Hey BHS Students!  The Health Center will be closed over winter break and
we will have reduced hours Dec. 13th and 14th. Have a safe, healthy, and
Happy Winter Break!

2. Students must clear their overdue books in order to buy tickets for the
Winter Ball, Junior Prom, and Graduation. Please turn in your books to the
textbook room or library as soon as possible.  Don't wait until the last
minute! If you have questions, contact Ms. Reed at lunchtime, Monday -
Thursday.

CLUBS

*Like candy canes?  Want to write a note for someone?  Want to raise money
for a year cause?  Then buy a candy gram from the GSA.  We'll be selling
them at lunch on the C-building gallery all week.  They're only one dollar
and all proceeds will go to the Trevor foundation.

SPORTS

1. Join the Berkeley High School Women's Novice crew team!  Recruiting for
Spring Season - see Ms. Simon-O'Neill in G305.

2. Track and Field information Wednesday, 12/14/2011 at 3:30 pm at the
track.

EVENTS

1. This year, Berkeley High School African American Studies Department will
be throwing another spectacular African Diaspora Fall Dance Concert by our
very own students, who are a part of the African American Studies,
Performing Arts and Dance Departments here on campus. We are excited about
this collaborative production with Ms. Washington-Diouf 's African,  Ms.
Carr's modern, Ms. Betti Aztec and Ms. Benjamin's beginning dance classes.
Dance is not a separate art, but a part of the complexity of life.  The
magic of all life is experienced. Dance is one of the mediums through which
we nourish our youth. We invite you to our performance on December 15, 2011
at 7:00 pm on the Community Theater Stage.  Come and enjoy the magic of the
holiday through dance and music by a variety of beautiful dancers.  Whatever
style you enjoy will be present:  African, modern, hip hop, rap, acting, and
more.  You don't want to miss this exciting production. Tickets are
available at BrownPaperTickets.com/event/215015.

2. Want to catch a live band, a fun documentary about the wacky politics of
Berkeley, free popcorn and coffee, all while supporting BHS? Sounds great!
That's right, ask your parents TODAY, tickets are on sale. The Street Eaters
Play and the film "Power Trip: Theatrically Berkeley". Tickets are $15 each,
and sold in the Leadership office.  All sales benefit BHS Activities for
more fun for the entire school.  Event takes place on December 18th, 10 am -
Noon.  Get your tickets now!!

JOBS

Looking for a student to help design a two-sided brochure to promote my
musical presentations.  I have a draft of the brochure content plus an idea,
just need some assistance.  Prepared to pay $9 an hour.  Can meet at BHS or
the Public Library.  Any interested students should contact  Arty Finmann at
510-883-1077 or email acf4love at gmail.com.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To