[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Dec. 7 (Wed.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Dec 6 17:38:56 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional
information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

*Indicates new or updated information

ADMINISTRATION

1. Donate to the Holiday Meal!  The Holiday Meal is on Dec. 10th and we
still need a lot of donations.  Help us reach our goal of 3300 lbs--one can
of food for every student at Berkeley High.  Bring your cans and clothes to
the donation bins around the school.  C'mon Berkeley High...Let's show that
we care.

*2. Hey BHS Students!  The Health Center will be closed over winter break
and we will have reduced hours Dec. 13th and 14th, so if you need services,
plan ahead and come to the health center this week to get scheduled.  Have a
safe, healthy, and Happy Winter Break!

3. Students must clear their overdue books in order to buy tickets for the
Winter Ball, Junior Prom, and Graduation. Please turn in your books to the
textbook room or library as soon as possible.  Don't wait until the last
minute! If you have questions, contact Ms. Reed at lunchtime, Monday -
Thursday.

4. Support BHS Jazz and get your holiday shopping done in one sweep.  Any
BHS Parent can order See's Candy and support the very worthy cause of music
in the BUSD. Please visit the website below for choices, tally up your order
and contact Leonard Sielewicz (ltrcco at gmail.com) for info on where to send
the check.  Orders will be available for pick-up the Week of December 9th.
The form is at: http://www,berkeleyhighjazz.org/parents/FRFlyer_Winter-1.pdf

5. Think you might want to attend the winter ball or the prom?  This year
dances at Berkeley High will be open only to students with good attendance.
Counting from December 1st, students with five or more unexcused absences
will not be allowed in the winter ball or the prom.  Or, if you are caught
three times in tardy sweeps. So . make sure you get to all your classes on
time from now on.   The attendance office will be counting from December on.

CLUBS

1. Come see what the SEA Club is all about!  The Shoreline Ecology Alliance
is all about you and what you can do for the California Shoreline.  Come
every Wednesday at lunch in room C224 and help clean up our Shoreline and
save the ocean!

*2. Hey Berkeley High!  Don't forget that "Where's Waldo Wednesday is still
going on!  Find the picture of Waldo around the campus and bring in proof or
a picture to the leadership office and win a prize!  Keep your eyes open!

*3. Come to the English Earphone club today at lunch in C124.  We'll be
reading Catching Fire.

EVENTS

*1. This year, Berkeley High School African American Studies Department will
be throwing another spectacular African Diaspora Fall Dance Concert by our
very own students, who are a part of the African American Studies,
Performing Arts and Dance Departments here on campus. We are excited about
this collaborative production with Ms. Washington-Diouf 's African,  Ms.
Carr's modern, Ms. Betti Aztec and Ms. Benjamin's beginning dance classes.
Dance is not a separate art, but a part of the complexity of life.  The
magic of all life is experienced. Dance is one of the mediums through which
we nourish our youth.

We invite you to our performance on December 15, 2011 at 7:00 pm on the
Community Theater Stage.  Come and enjoy the magic of the holiday through
dance and music by a variety of beautiful dancers.  Whatever style you enjoy
will be present:  African, modern, hip hop, rap, acting, and more.  You
don't want to miss this exciting production. Tickets are available at
BrownPaperTickets.com/event/215015.

2. Want to catch a live band, a fun documentary about the wacky politics of
Berkeley, free popcorn and coffee, all while supporting BHS.  Sounds great!
That's right, ask your parents TODAY, tickets are on sale. The Street Eaters
Play and the film "Power Trip: Theatrically Berkeley". Tickets are $15 each,
and sold in the Leadership office.  All sales benefit BHS Activities for
more fun for the entire school.  Event takes place on December 16th.  Get
your tickets now!!

JOBS

Looking for a student to help design a two-sided brochure to promote my
musical presentations.  I have a draft of the brochure content plus an idea,
just need some assistance.  Prepared to pay $9 an hour.  Can meet at BHS or
the Public Library.  Any interested students should contact  Arty Finmann at
510-883-1077 or email acf4love at gmail.com.

*Indicates new or updated information

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To