[BHS Etree] ADMIN - Information on Advisory this Friday

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Nov 16 11:11:38 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby, contact: Susannah
Bell,  <mailto:susannahbell at berkeley.net> susannahbell at berkeley.net

This Friday is our third advisory meeting of the year; the topic is the
"Five Year Plan," an extension of the goal-setting activity teachers did at
our first advisory.  Students will be thinking about where they see
themselves several years into the future, and what it took to get them
there.  In this way, students are able to envision themselves in their ideal
situation and create a "backwards plan" that takes them to where they are
now.

Each grade level will be working on a different variation of this theme -
ninth graders will be writing a "Letter to my grandchildren" that addresses
the same topic, and seniors will be creating a polished "Road Map to the
Future" that they will be presenting at the next advisory meeting.

--
Susannah Bell

Berkeley High School

Professional Development Co-Coordinator

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To