[BHS Etree] ADMIN - BHS now in the Guinness Book of World Records!

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Nov 15 09:32:37 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Chris Young,
chrisyoung at berkeley.net

On Monday, November 14 after school over 300 BHS students, staff, and alumni
gathered on the courtyard to do none other than set a world record for the
longest Soul Train Line ever completed.

Officially, 211 dancing Yellow Jackets from the Class of 1967 to the
siblings of students representing the classes of the future proudly strutted
their stuff across the courtyard to set the official record cheered on by a
positive and unified crowd.  A judge and film crew from the Guinness Book
deemed the record officially set shortly before 6pm.

Look for a possible snippet of the event on a show about Guinness Records to
air on national TV on Thursday evening.  Regardless of whether the event
might be on television we are proud today as a community to be the owners of
a world record!

The event was very positive and brought students, staff, and alumni together
from all different backgrounds into a unified effort.  The achievement was
led by Reed Urmann, ASB Vice President, Flora Ziprin, ASB President, Orlando
Williams, Class of 1985, and our one and only Belinda McDaniel, with the
invaluable assistance of many others.

Let's keep up the positive community building spirit through these winter
months in support of the Holiday Meal, arts and music programs, winter
sports teams, BHS World multicultural show, and our next blood drive on
November 30.

BHS community members: thank you for helping us to achieve our sometimes
grand dreams!

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To