[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Nov. 4 (Fri.)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Nov 3 16:20:11 PDT 2011
PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, November 4, 2011
*New to the bulletin today
1. There is no school on Thursday and Friday, November 10 and 11 (staff development day and Veteran’s Day Holiday). There is no school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, November 23, 24, and 25 (Thanksgiving break).
2. Hey guys and gals! The competition for the service cup is over but we still need donations for the Holiday Meal! Please bring canned food and old coats to the huge bins located around campus. We also need toys, books, and shoes.
3. PE Waivers are now ready. Your 2nd period teachers will distribute a copy of the waiver. Make sure they are signed and returned to the attendance office by 1/20/2012.
1. Do you have school spirit? Do you have "Swag"? The Berkeley High Girls and Boys Basketball programs will be selling "Swag" Student Spirit t-shirts every Wednesday after school, 3:30-4:30 pm, in front of the Donahue gym. All BHS students who purchase the student designed "Swag" t-shirt will be eligible to become a member of the "2012 Swag 6th Man Club" and receive up to 50% off the student admission price to home basketball games. T-shirts are $10. STUDENTS MUST PRESENT A CURRENT, VALID BHS STUDENT ID TO PURCHASE A T-SHIRT AND GAME TICKETS.
Support your BHS Basketball programs and join the Swag 6th Man Club now! Please contact Wendy Guinn at wguinn20 at gmail.com or Gina Morning at sydneyspartyhouse at yahoo.com for more information.
*1. Seniors! Do you need help with UC, and the CSU apps or just confused on the common application? Well come to the College career center on Saturday, it will be open from 9:00 am – 4:00pm. Come its really important!
*1. Come to Earphone English club Friday at lunch in C124. We’ll be reading Catching Fire.
1. BHS Jazz Lab Bands Fall Concert: Tuesday, November 8 at 7:00pm at the BHS (Florence Schwimley) Little Theatre Tickets are 10$ (General Admission); BHS students and staff are free; other student tickets $3. Lots of snacks and drinks available for purchase. Come out and enjoy the evening, hear great music, and support these talented musicians and BHS Jazz!!
*1. Congratulations to the BHS Football team! They won the last five games. Cheer them on one more time at home versus Richmond High. JV game starts at 4:30 PM, and Varsity starts at 7:00 PM at the BHS turf, here at BHS!!
Try out times for winter sports:
* Girls soccer Try Outs:
Monday-Thursday, November 7-10 at 5:30-7:00 PM at @ Gilman Turf
Boys Soccer Try Outs start on Nov. 7. Please register for tryouts at www.futbolberkeley.com. Remember to bring your Athletic Packet to Clearing Night on Nov. 3 at 5:30 pm in Donahue Gym.
Nov. 7-9 @ 3:45-5:30 PM BHS Turf
Nov. 10-11 @ 9:00 - 4:00 Gilman Turf Field
* Varsity on Monday, Nov 7 thru Wednesday, Nov 9 @ 6-8 AM in Donahue Gym
* JV on Monday, Nov 7@ 4-6 PM in Jacket Gym; Tuesday, Nov 8 @ 7-9 PM Jacket Gym
other days TBA
Lady Jackets Basketball
Monday, Nov 7 @ 7-9 PM All Levels in Jacket Gym
Tuesday Nov 8 @ 4:30-7 PM All Levels in Jacket Gym
Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website: http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe'. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS