[BHS Etree] INCOMING FAMILIES - Touring season about to open

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Oct 6 13:47:41 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Fern Royce and Janet Huseby,
<mailto:bhsoutreach at berkeley.net> bhsoutreach at berkeley.net

1. The "touring season" for prospective students runs from October to March.
The small group tours leave the Front Desk at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday through
Friday and 10:45 on Mondays. The tours last a little over an hour. The tours
walk by classrooms--many of which have open doors--but they do not go into
rooms for observation. The tours are not "orientation tours."  There are
student-led tours for our incoming students in August during
registration/orientation.  Prospective students are welcome on the school
day tours but ONLY if accompanied by their parent or guardian.

2. Tours are by reservation only.  To sign up, please email
<mailto:bhsoutreach at berkeley.net> bhsoutreach at berkeley.net.  Please indicate
several days that work for you and the number of people in your party.

3.  Many people have asked if they could visit Berkeley High on their own or
if their student could "shadow" a current student. This is not possible. The
school is focused on the education and security of our currently enrolled
students. We are simply too large a school to accommodate unsupervised
visitors.

4. Our Fall Information Night for Incoming 9th grade families is scheduled
for Monday, November 14 in the Berkeley Community Theater located on the BHS
campus.  The event will start promptly at 7 p.m. While we welcome everyone,
the evening will be of particular interest to those who are new to the
Berkeley Unified School District.  This event is an introduction to the
school and in the past has featured a panel of current students, one of the
College Advisors, and a Q and A with the Principal.

Berkeley High School

 <mailto:bhsoutreach at berkeley.net> bhsoutreach at berkeley.net

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To