[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS - Dance classes need parent chaperones, Friday, October 14

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Oct 6 09:34:48 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Linda Carr,
<mailto:lindacarr at berkeley.net> lindacarr at berkeley.net

Hi Parents!

This is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to see some beautiful dancing in unusual
locations and join our classes on a fun adventure throughout San Francisco.

Ms. Carr's 3rd and 4th period classes, Dance Production and Advanced Dance
Lab students will be attending:

San Francisco Trolly Dances

Friday October 14 @ 11:30am, SF Civic Center

We'll travel by trolly to see six outstanding dance companies performing on
location throughout the MUNI route.  <http://www.epiphanydance.org/>
http://www.epiphanydance.org/

We will meet at 10 am in the Dance Studio at Berkeley High, walk up to BART,
take BART to the CIVIC CENTER. We'll eat our lunch before the performances
begin, 11:45 at the SF Central Library, from there we board a MUNI and
travel up to the West Portal station. The performance will end by 1:15, when
we we travel on MUNI and BART back to Berkeley. I expect we'll be back in
Berkeley by 2:30ish.

Please email to let me know if you can make it:
<mailto:LindaCarr at berkeley.net> LindaCarr at berkeley.net.  WE NEED ABOUT 10
ADULT CHAPERONES. Interested adults welcome!  You don't need to have a
student in the dance classes to attend.

Yesterday, Kim Epifano (the curator/director of TROLLY DANCES) taught Master
Classes in Site Specific Dance here at BHS. We had a great time and learned
a bunch about how to tailor choreography to fit into environments outside of
a theater setting. We're looking forward to seeing Kim and the other
performers on location next Friday.

Thanks,

Ms. Linda Carr

 <mailto:LCarr at berkeley.net> LCarr at berkeley.net

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To