[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS - Tour guides needed

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Sep 18 21:28:17 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

Last year 10 tour guides escorted 607 visitors around Berkeley High!   This
year we hope to take as many, if not more, but most of our parent tour
guides have graduated and we need more.

The "touring season" for prospective students and their parents runs from
October to March. The small group tours leave the Front Desk at 9:30 a.m.
Tuesday through Friday and 10:45 on Mondays. The tours are by reservation
only and last a little over an hour. The tours walk by classrooms-many of
which have open doors -but they do not go into rooms for observation. The
tours are not "orientation tours." There are student-led tours for our
incoming students in August during registration/orientation.  These tours
are for parents that are considering sending their child to Berkeley High.
Prospective students are welcome on the school day tours but ONLY if
accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Last year we had enough tour guides so that most guides took one group
around every other week.   There is a route that has been laid out with an
accompanying script full of  facts.  You will be well versed and trained
before you take your first group around.  It is not hard and can be very
satisfying.  If you think this is a way you can help Berkeley High, please
let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Janet Huseby

Volunteer Coordinator

Berkeley High School

Jhuseby at pacbell.net

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To