[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Sep. 14 (Wed.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Sep 13 20:12:20 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional
information or details are available from the etree.

*New to the bulletin today

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ADMINISTRATION

1. Attention Students and Staff: If you have not taken your Picture ID, then
come to the Community Theater Foyer at lunch and after school for the final
make-up on Wednesday, September 14th.

2. Students you are required to carry your student IDs at all times.  You
must have an ID to check out books.

3. Yearbook needs seniors, photographers, and designers.  Come earn credit,
and have fun in C327, during 7th period.

CLUBS

1. Join the Homeless Support Club!  Be part of the effort to help the less
fortunate in the Berkeley Community and even get your community service
hours done volunteering with the rest of the team!  Meetings are Thursdays
at lunch in C317.  The first meeting will be on September 15th so mark your
calendars!

2. Are you of the Middle Eastern descent?  Or are you interested in Middle
Eastern Culture?  Join the Middle Eastern club!  Meetings are Wednesdays in
C126 at lunch!

3. The Model United Nations club needs a teacher advisor.  We meet Thursdays
at lunch and if possible we need chaperones throughout the year.  The email
is un at berkeleyhigh.us.

4. "I think, therefore I am."  If you are, then the Philosophy Club is the
club for you!  We will debate a wide variety of ideas and concepts and
discuss philosophic viewpoints pertaining to all interests! Find out more
about the club during our first meeting on Wednesday, September 14th during
lunch in room C115!  Don't miss out.

5. There will be a club fair on the campus green on September 15th.  All
clubs will be represented.

6. Do you want to get involved with your local community and
internationally? Come to the first Interact meeting on Thursday September
15th from 4-5pm at the YMCA Teen Center to learn more! Be part of an
international organization that's a great opportunity to help others, meet
new people and develop leadership skills!

*7. BHS Black student Union will meet today during lunch.  Come bring a
friend and introduce yourself to another fellow student, and administrator.
Come listen and see what great things we have planned this year.

*8. The Wish.For a "movie club" will hold its first meeting at Tuesday,
September 13th in room C125 at lunch.  If you are interested in community
service and want to learn about a cool project that has brought smiles top
hundreds of kids.  The come to the first Wish' for a movie" club meeting!!

*9. Are you gay? Are you straight? Are you bi-sexual?  Are you trans-sexual?
Are you not sure yet? Support those who are!  Then join the GSA.   Wednesday
at lunch in H102A.  There will be snacks.

JUNIORS/SENIORS

1. SAT practice test on September 24th.   $20 to sign up in College Center
before and after school.

2. 3rd Annual Historical Black Recruitment Fair - Wednesday, September 14,
2011 at Laney College.  4:00 to 8:00 pm.Don't miss this outstanding event.

*3. Senior profiles are overdue.  Deliver to the College Career Center ASAP!

SPORTS

*1. BHS Football - Saturday, September 17 is a  Home game -  BHS vs Marin
Catholic. Freshmen  at 10:30 am;  JV  at  1:00 pm;  Varsity at  3:00pm