[BHS Etree] ADMIN - Email addresses, entrances, IDs

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Aug 31 11:53:12 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby, jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. Email.  The Berkeley Unified School District has switched its mail system. To contact a teacher or staff member  via email you may use use the following formula: firstnamelastname at berkeley.net.  For instance, my school address is janethuseby at berkeley.net

2. Entrances. This year we are asking all students to come in one of three entrances.

•  Before school three gates are open: On Allston Way next to the A building; on Milvia next to the Jacket Gym; and, the breezeway between the G and the H buildings.

•  After the first bell rings students may enter the school through the Allston Way Gate or the Milvia Gate.

The Front Door of the Admin Building is reserved for adult visitors who must check in at the Front Desk for a visitor's badge.  Eventually we expect to have the door locked and we will buzz visitors in.  Until then, the door is staffed by a safety officer.

There are many other gates and doors which open allowing students to exit rapidly if needed.

3. Student IDs.  All students must carry a student ID at all times. If your student needs an ID, there are two makeup days at a location which will be announced:

September 7th, 11:38-12:10  and 3:30-completion
September 14th, 11:38-12:10  and 3:30-completion
4. Lost IDs.  The cost of replacing a lost ID is $10.
Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.