[BHS Etree] JAZZ - Ensemble and Jazz Lab II audition materials

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Aug 15 05:13:27 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sarah Cline,
sarahcline at berkeley.net

Hello BHS families:

Auditions for the 2011-2012 BHS Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Lab II will take
place this year on September 6th (pianos, drums, basses, guitars and
vibes), September 7th (woodwinds), and September 8th (trumpets and
trombones) at 3:30 in A201.

To find the audition materials, simply follow these links:

for rhythm section players, go to:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aS6jb0ejRJNWFmYTg5MTQtMjliOC00YjI4LThhZ
jAtYzc2MzYwZmQwNTY5
<https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aS6jb0ejRJNWFmYTg5MTQtMjliOC00YjI4LThh
ZjAtYzc2MzYwZmQwNTY5&hl=en_US> &hl=en_US

for saxes and other woodwinds, go to:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aS6jb0ejRJMjk2OGYzNjktZGYwYi00ZDVmLWI4N
TEtZjM2MTg4MDRjNWM2
<https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aS6jb0ejRJMjk2OGYzNjktZGYwYi00ZDVmLWI4
NTEtZjM2MTg4MDRjNWM2&hl=en_US> &hl=en_US

and trumpets go to:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aS6jb0ejRJNmVhMmJhNjUtMDk1NS00YTM4LWFkY
WEtNGI1MzZlZTM4NTll
<https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aS6jb0ejRJNmVhMmJhNjUtMDk1NS00YTM4LWFk
YWEtNGI1MzZlZTM4NTll&hl=en_US> &hl=en_US

and for trombones go to:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aS6jb0ejRJOGYwM2I0NmMtZjllZC00ZDAxLWEzY
zQtZjUwOGMxMjljOTAx
<https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aS6jb0ejRJOGYwM2I0NmMtZjllZC00ZDAxLWEz
YzQtZjUwOGMxMjljOTAx&hl=en_US> &hl=en_US

First read the files entitled "Jazz Auditions 2011" for directions, then
(1) download the pdfs and (2) e-mail me to request the music file noted in
the audition information sheet.

When you receive the sound file, please note that the file is entitled
"This I Dig of You" and the lead sheet with the melody and chord changes
can be found under the file entitled "Solo in ..."

We will discuss the auditions at length in class the first week of school,
but in the meantime if you have any questions about the materials posted
above, please email me at sarahcline at berkeley.net

I look forward to meeting all the jazz musicians at Berkeley High School
and getting started in a few weeks!  Enjoy the rest of your summer --

Sarah Cline

Jazz Program Director

Berkeley High School

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To